Director Financial Analytics & Forecasting
Job ID: 11712
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: NH – Manchester
Our client, one of the most innovative company in the world, is looking for a Director of Financial Analytics and Forecasting.
The Director of Financial Analytics & Forecasting will have an active role in forecast model development and implementation, reporting and analysis to predict future results and drive business decisions and performance. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior leadership, acting as the analytical engine to provide insights and support optimal business decision making. S/he understands market and business drivers and collaborates with business leaders and management to improve competitive positioning, track and trend key performance indicator metrics, and improve financial performance.
- Develop data-driven financial models and forecasting utilizing re-usable processes and methodologies for delivery in a structured fashion (automation)
- Inform Leadership on financial status by analyzing current and past actuals with plans and forecasts, monitoring and performing causal analysis on variances, identifying trends and opportunities
- Prepare reports and projections based on analysis
- Assist in scenario analysis, developing “what-if” tools based on historical or extrapolated data to reduce business time to strategic decision
- Identify trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate with members of the Finance team to deliver financial information and forecasts, and streamline ties to budget and other finance deliverables, revenue attribution, etc. as necessary
- Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to business partners and leadership
- Leverage story-telling skills to deliver insights that are clear, concise and actionable
- Enable communication and collaboration efforts between analytics team and business units cross-functionally to drive common goal achievement and meet organizational objectives.
- 7+ Years of practical experience in a quantitative, data-driven business environment working with data directly; positions must demonstrate increasing responsibility with at least 4 years managing people and/or processes
- Knowledge of database structures and database querying tools, and prior data manipulation experience (SQL); familiarity with statistical packages and/or algorithms; Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office Applications
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies
- Ability to bring analytical rigor and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Experience applying analytics to solve real-life business problems
- Ability to design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to business partners and leadership