Manager /Sr Manager of Market Research, Market Strategy & Competitive Intelligence
Category : Research/Insights
Location/City : GA – Kennessaw
Salary Range : 100000.00 – 135000.00 per year (Permanent)
Id : 11577
Our client a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of durable goods for a multitude of market segments is looking for a Manager / Senior Manager of Market Research, Market Strategy and Competitive Intelligence to oversee the Marketing, Market Strategy, and Research functions to help US and Global business units achieve their goals and objectives.
- Evaluate market opportunities and make recommendations as needed.
- Meet with business unit leaders in the US to assess needs and to craft the strategies and tactics to help them achieve their objectives.
- Evaluate customer information and use research to gain market insights trend analysis and put forth recommendations on new market opportunities.
- Use competitive intelligence and market data to support recommendations and findings.
- Set the strategy for US Marketing plans.
- Consult with Global Partners to assure US strategy is aligned with other global regions.
- Analyze new and existing market opportunities.
- Organize the Marketing team to best serve customers and the individual business units.
- Execute the US Marketing strategies.
- Work with Headquarters and other Global Marketing partners.
- Manage external resources as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5 – 10 years of experience in marketing, research, and competitive intelligence.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment – preferably a durable goods manufacturer.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written are a must.
- Ability to perform market and competitive analysis and then put your findings into a comprehensive action plan to present to senior management.
- Ability to work within all levels of an organization.
- Global experience a plus.
- If you have dealt with Asian or previous Japanese-owned corporations that is a plus.
- Ability to work with customers, internal stakeholders, vendors, and third party dealers.
- Willingness to travel both globally and domestically.
- Strong computer and analytic skills (SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Ability to manipulate data and use statistical software packages.
- Ability to interpret data and then turn into meaningful conclusions and recommendations.