Category : Consumer Products
Location/City : CT – Stamford
Salary Range :
Id : 11486
Our client, an exciting and growing consumer products company that is the leader in its category, is seeking a Product Manager to join its growing and innovative team. The Product Manager will be responsible for product lifecycle management as well as new product development. This is an amazing opportunity to make an imprint on an established company, take initiative, and have ownership of a category.
The Product Manager will be responsible for lifecycle management from concept through launch, Asian sourcing, product development and management, packaging, and working with factories in Asia. Additionally, this individual will have a financial responsibility in the areas of forecasting and pricing, conducting trend analysis, working with IRI, and managing a P&L. The role requires a self-starter with creativity to spark ideas.
- Manage full lifecycle of all products within the category from conception through end of shelf life.
- Manage business process from brainstorming, product development, market research, packaging design, sales analysis, and forecasting.
- Collaborate with Asia team daily to manage product process and the ability to identify new product concepts while working with in house packaging/design/engineer team.
- Show accountability for P&L as well as pricing, costing, & inventory management.
- Possess the aptitude to negotiate and sharp budget management skills.
- Assist sales team in market related activities and product knowledge.
- Partake in social media campaigns.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of consumer product/marketing management experience.
- Innovative capabilities to create new programs, processes, and products.
- Success in developing and implementing product marketing plans and achieving revenue and profitability goals.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Experience in beauty, cosmetics or other fashion/trend-oriented category a plus.