Senior Manager Customer Optimization
Category : Analytics/Data Science
Location/City : CA – San Francisco
Salary Range : 0.00 – 0.00 per year (Permanent)
Id : 11532
Our client, a global category leader, is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. It is building a world-class Analytics and Data Science team.
Exciting opportunity to work within a strategic Analytics Team, driving business performance and customer value. Collaborate with members of Product Marketing, Market Research, Data Science, Data Engineering and Financial planning teams. You will understand customer segments and identify levers and opportunities to drive improvement in conversion, retention, and customer life time value across websites, marketing channels, mobile app, customer services and social media. The individual needs to be an expert at leveraging wide range online/offline data, integrating vast internal/external information and retrieving the most critical insights. The role requires not only strong technical skills to provide guidance to the team member and data partners, but also ability to think strategically and to see “big picture”. Excellent communication skills and data storytelling skills are essential since the role needs to communicate with Executives as well as with non-technical business partners.
- Manage team of 3-5 Analysts / Senior Analysts.
- Build collaboration across Analytics teams and multiple business units to evaluate business performance and conduct root cause analysis for executive reporting.
- The ability to organize a methodological plan, including training in advanced econometric and statistical analysis.
- Produce executive-ready analyses and reports, using robust statistical analysis, executive communication, and strong business thinking skills at a Senior level;
- Own entire deliverables end-to-end, including project-managing the work end-to-end;
- Consolidate research from within the team and outside teams (Marketing research, A/B testing, UX, Marketing/Marketing reporting & ad hoc analysis, competitive analysis, customer surveys and etc.) to identify key drivers of business performance and customer value.
- Provide customer analytic insights to drive changes cross Marketing, Product, FP&A and various operation teams and ultimately to improve key business metrics.
- Identify business opportunities, initiate strategic analytical projects, demonstrate project ROI, identify data required, translate them into analytical plan, align resources, manage timeline and facilitate communication.
- Being able to thrive under pressure and balance perfection and time to “market” without sacrificing work quality;
- Plan and motivate team members and partners to meet schedules and deadlines.
- MS in Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Bioinformatics. Ph.D. is preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of people management experience.
- 8+ years of experience analyzing very large datasets with SQL (Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) or Analytics database (Vertica or Greenplum) and Python, R, SAS or other statistical package.
- Ability to use various external news/research/data to collect intelligent in economy, consumer sentiment, competition.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, modeling etc.)
- Strong research and analytical mindset.
- Self-motivated, energetic, “can-do” attitude in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage priorities across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong ability to produce executive-ready analyses and reports, using robust statistical analysis, executive communication, and strong business thinking skills at a Senior level.