Date Posted: 2021-11-11
Job ID: EB-1922763561
Category: Market Research & Consumer Insights
Location: New York OR Los Angeles, NY or CA
Associate Director, Custom Research
New York, NY OR Los Angeles CA
Our client, a fast-growing, innovative, full-service agency – research, insights, tracking, social, data science and more – is looking for an Associate Director of Custom Research.
We’re looking for:
- Someone who has started to master the art of managing an insights project from start to finish.
- Folks who can see data and tell a story; who know how to find actionable insights and know how to move beyond a basic reportage approach.
- Someone able to jump in on every stage of the research / insights process – from soup to nuts!
- A strong eye for detail – sweating the small stuff is as important as the big stuff.
- Practitioners who love the work, and also want to build client relationships.
- Team players – we are stronger together – we like to work in groups.
- Creative thinkers – if you come bursting with ideas and can see patterns in data, we’re excited.
- Curious minds, especially when it comes to people and what makes them tick.
- Strong communicators – written and verbal. Being able to find the right words to articulate the question, the story, and everything in between well, is a big deal for us.
- Someone interested in either the Entertainment landscape, the Tech world, or the universe of Lifestyle Brands – we work with some of the biggest names in each category.
It’ll be helpful if you have:
- At least 5yrs experience in custom / ad hoc research – we dig templated projects, love tracking, but in this group, we’re all about the unique business questions, so previous experience is very appealing.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Economics, Business, Marketing, Statistics or related fields. More than a Batchelor’s degree is great too!
- A pretty good handle on Microsoft Office. We use it a lot.
- Enviable PowerPoint / Slides skills – we tell visual stories (backed up by data)
- Easy access to Central London – that’s where we’ll be back to, when we can.
- If you are a Qual practitioner, we’d expect you to have mastered and be great at Qual project design, moderating and analysis. We’re looking for masters of the methodology, able to bring to life the insights through talking to people.
- For Quant practitioners, we’re looking for folks who are great in all areas of quant practice from survey design to data analysis, able to tell the story with actionable outcomes. (Also, if you know how to do a segmentation or a conjoint, we’re going to be super pumped).
- Are you a true hybrid? Awesome – don’t be shy, tell us all about focus groups and survey design.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Insights and Market Research, Consumer Products, Digital Marketing and eCommerce; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics.
The Consumer Insights and Market Research team focuses primarily on identifying talent for Fortune 100 companies looking to translate the understanding of consumer behavior into increased profit and sales. Some examples of Consumer Insights Executive Searches would include VP’s, Directors and Managers in the areas of Shopper, Customer and Consumer Insights and Analytics, as well as Market Research
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.