Date Posted: 2020-10-28
Job ID: EB-1815877760
Category: Private Equity
Location: New York, NY
Title: Associate – Software & Payments
Location: New York, New York
Tenure: Career Track
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a leading private equity firm focused on software and financial technology that recently allocated $150 million to acquire and build out a holding company of several payments companies across different verticals. Their goal is to increase payments margins and provide operational support to management teams within a family of companies. This is a very high volume M&A role targeting 2 acquisitions per month in the size range of up to $20 million in enterprise value per deal. Successful candidates will be able to build an impressive deal sheet and obtain deep experience leading and executing all phases of a deal. To date, the company has closed on 30 transactions since March 2018 and continue to aggressively pursue M&A.
The strategy of the investment is to build a family of vertically integrated software businesses and adding a payments platform to their business model in addition to using a shared services model in term of business operations and finance.
- Find and get in touch with software businesses in the US across a wide range of markets including nonprofit and fundraising, leisure and activity management, SMB management, equipment, and storage rental, real estate and field and home services
- Develop close relationships with CEOs, investment bankers, lawyers, and other regional influencers to facilitate introductions and connect with outstanding technology companies
- Frequent travel with members of the M&A team
- Complete diligence, including: customer metrics analysis, modeling, and industry research
- Create presentation materials for board review and company pitches
- Identify opportunities for acquired companies to improve technology offerings and increase growth rate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analyst: 1 – 4 years of experience with an investment bank, private equity/venture capital, consulting firm, corporate development group
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
- Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
- Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
- Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
- Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. http://www.brainworksinc.com .
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.