Job ID: EB-1332742488
Category: Consumer Products
Location: Dallas, TX
We are currently engaged by a leading private equity firm to identify a CEO for one of their consumer durables businesses. They are seeking a talented CEO who can lead them to greater growth.
- Leadership experience
- Profit & Loss (P&L) experience
- Lawn & Garden experience is highly preferred. If none, then significant experience with DIY customers like Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Tractor Supply, etc.
- Ecommerce experience
- Strong Operational expertise
- M&A experience – Nice to have
COMPETENCIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Leadership Ability – able to set strategy and then motivate others to execute against profitability and growth initiatives
- Entrepreneurial and must possess the ability to think and act quickly and take decisive action
- P&L Responsibility – the CEO must be adept at managing numbers using analytics to make good decisions while improving EBITDA margin
- Ability to Lead Operations -one of the major initiatives is to potentially consolidate multiple facilities with a focus on right-sizing the cost structure, as well as creating efficiencies
- Sales and Marketing Acumen – the CEO needs to understand the Lawn & Garden category or at a minimum have intimate knowledge of the Company’s top customers: Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Menards, Tractor Supply, Walmart and Amazon.
- Must understand the dynamics of a seasonal business like Lawn & Garden (since approximately 70% of the volume is done between March and August). Intimate knowledge of the drivers that affect a seasonal business:
- Ability to forecast and plan production accurately
- Manage inventory turns and replenishment effectively
- Cash flow analysis and planning
- Previous experience working with a PE owned firm. Must have strong financial acumen with the ability to report financials regularly to the PE firm.
SUCCESS FACTORS / KEY INITIATIVES:
- Ability to be operationally focused, consolidating operations and looking for sourcing alternatives in China or other offshore source. Ability to create efficiencies and take significant cost out of the supply chain.
- Sales and customer orientation. Strong knowledge of big box retailers – particularly Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, and now the emerging e-tailers like Amazon, Wayfair, Overstock, etc.
- Grow revenue and EBITDA