Date Posted: 2021-10-15
Job ID: EB-1999836377
Category: Private Equity
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region,
Our client is a rapidly scaling private equity backed Mid-Atlantic based Ophthalmology and Optometry management services company and ambulatory surgery center that has grown from 6 locations to 42 within the past 2 years. The company is seeking to establish a process and purpose driven development function to set up its next wave of growth and expansion.
We seek a motivated and experienced Chief Development Officer, reporting to the CEO, to lead the charge in the company’s growth and expansion mandate through acquisitions where you will own the process (sourcing deals, leading due diligence, building and managing the relationship with doctors, sellers, lawyers, accountants, business brokers and leadership team through to closing). You will also shepherd the process up to the integration stage where you will provide the relationship guidance to both your internal operations team and the acquired entity.
You will have a strong background in analytics with an ability to dig into the details and the numbers on the front end while being highly personable to effectively build trusting relationships with Doctors, Healthcare Executives and owner-operators that are seeking to partner with a leading Healthcare Services provider. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for generating partnerships with hospital systems.
The CDO supports the Company’s strategic plans and objectives participate in establishing the Company’s current and long-range strategic objectives and participates in the development and implementation of the Company’s growth strategy. Essential functions include:
- Work with Senior Leadership on strategy for growth opportunities:
- Develop a screening system to assess the alignment of opportunities with strategy
- Cultivate sell-side relationships with bankers, brokers
- Establish a buy-side strategy
- Work with marketing to develop the value proposition, sales pitch, and collaterals for business owners
- Utilize “big data” sources to complement strategy
- Work closely with legal resources on documents needed for transactions such as NDA/CA, LOI, term sheets, purchase agreement documents, and closing documents
- Work closely with Finance on vetting pro formas, establishing pro-rations or working capital and capitalization options
- Develop tools to ensure successful valuations
- Oversee the process from alignment on opportunities through diligence, deal structure, and integration
- Oversee the process from sourcing through diligence, deal structure, and execution
- Provides the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and other senior managers with as much insight as possible regarding the financial benefits and potential risks of the merger or acquisition
- Manages relationships with external partners, including banks, legal, auditing, accounting, and valuation teams
- Prepares and distributes due diligence analysis reports to key stakeholders
- Formulates acquisition implementation plans to ensure projects are completed on time and budget; Identifies appropriate stakeholders and resources required for each project
- Ensures the assumptions in the final evaluation model are in line with historical measures, incorporates all known risks, and properly reflects the valuation of the target company
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related area.
- Strong business acumen, excellent Financial Performance, and Analysis skills, and the ability to perform strategic analysis are required.
- Strong project management skills are required; must be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- At least seven years of experience analyzing Mergers & Acquisition targets.
- A solid understanding of and experience in the transaction process, including deal structuring, valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and integration.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required. Able to clearly and concisely convey complex information.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently with business leaders.
- Must be a strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to focus on the details, synthesize broad amounts of information into actionable information for executives.
- Team player with the ability to build broad relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent finance and accounting skills with knowledge of key and emerging issues impacting growth in the healthcare industry.
- Embraces diversity within the work environment and consistently deals with internal and external customers in a friendly and respectful manner; supports teamwork and cooperation with partners in daily activities
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
- Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
- Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
- Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
- Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.