Date Posted: 2021-02-10
Job ID: EB-1586781654
Category: Private Equity
We are engaged on an outstanding COO opportunity for a new software de novo roll-up platform led by a leading software PE investor. This investment strategy by the PE sponsor has yielded the firm’s highest returns in their history. This is a unique opportunity to develop and implement the overall value creation playbook across what will be a family of 30-40 companies mirroring that of a Operating Partner role in PE. The corresponding equity upside for this position is top of market. Please let me know if you would be interested in speaking.
Our client is a recently formed holding company focused on acquiring and growing SAAS businesses with $2 – $10MM ARR in niche verticals. The company partners with its entrepreneurs providing resources and operational best practices to drive growth across its portfolio of operating companies.
The company was formed in January 2021 receiving initial funding to launch the software de novo growth strategy. The PE sponsor has recently made two exceptional hires as CEO and Head of M&A. The CEO recently joined from LogMeIn, a Francisco Partners company, where he was integral in driving growth for the company’s identify and access management business unit. The Head of M&A recently joined Permanent from JMI Equity where he originated and executed several SAAS investments for the firm. They are now seeking a COO to lead operations as they acquire their initial companies into the portfolio. Over the course of the investment cycle PE Sponsor will allocate $100-$200 million of equity and plan on acquiring 10-15 companies per year.
The PE firm , founded in 2005, is a private investment firm based in New York and London investing in financial technology, business services and vertical software businesses. The firm has $5.6 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2020 and has completed 70+ acquisitions of vertical software businesses through a series of complementary de novo / buy and build platform strategies, which have yielded the highest returns in the firm’s history.
This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and private equity sponsor and is a key member of senior leadership with full P&L responsibility and accountability for driving company-wide KPIs for portfolio companies. This position will provide the leadership and strategic vision by developing and implementing the value creation playbook across the family of companies and partnering with entrepreneurs. This individual will support the CEO in crafting company vision and goals. They will be a motivating force and lead the onboarding process of newly acquired companies and mentor executives in key value creation levers including:
- Sales – Develop and implement key KPIs for commercial team with a focus on accelerating sales growth, increasing productivity, align incentive compensation with company goals and motivate the right behaviors, and how and when to scale the sales organization.
- Marketing – Advise entrepreneurs on go-to market strategy and best practices in marketing incorporating martech, ABM, messaging, identify and pursue high impact opportunity and scale efficiency, and build best practice KPIs and benchmarking.
- Talent management – Expertise at hiring, developing, and managing an extremely strong team that works together across all operational and financial issues and is committed to excellence.
- Customer success – Drive and increase customer retention, upsell new products and services, incorporate data & analytics to trigger proactive account management, and implement playbooks to deliver excellent customer experience.
- Product development – Work with entrepreneurs to identify product growth opportunities, next generation platforms, security. Align product strategy with company’s growth objectives. Accountable for product quality and meeting deadlines on delivery.
- Financial Performance – Hold company management accountable for financial performance KPIs to insure continued focus on profitable growth.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.