Job ID: EB-7175197205 Category: Consumer Products Location: Birmingham, AL
Are you an Operations Leader in the Furniture Industry?
Our client, a premier manufacturer in the furniture space, is seeking a Chief Operations Officer to oversee the day-to-day operations of manufacturing, cut and sew, supply chain, inventory replenishment, S&OP, facilities maintenance, quality assurance and distribution/logistics. This is a great opportunity to be a key member of the leadership team in a growing company with a strong culture and exciting, luxury products!
• Lead all operational areas including production, resource planning, product movement, material handling, workflow optimization, product storage and capacity
• Continually improve operations to deliver a differentiated customer experience; reduce customer service issues such as product damages, repairs, exchanges, shipping
• Efficient management of warehouses and logistics to reduce cycle times
• Ensure the management of inventory levels; maintain inventory accuracy and ideal product flow; maximize effectiveness of storage and capacity of all products within warehouses.
• Improve lead-times and support demand planning to improve inventory turns and cycle-time compression, reducing potential out of stock conditions
• improve freight and logistics processes and performance on ocean freight, common carrier, small parcel, furniture carrier and white glove delivery
• Oversee Asia Team in improving supplier performance
• Ensure domestic manufacturing operations operate safely, efficiently, and on budget.
• Direct international sourcing strategies
• Maintain vendor relations and ensure compliance across vendors
Ideal candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience for a large-scale operations department. Furniture experience is a requirement!
• International experience working with oversees suppliers strongly preferred.
• Experience leading distribution operations
• Competency in Sales & Operations Planning
• Strong understanding of Lean concepts
• Strong leadership skills to manage a large team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of key metrics and financial analysis.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.