Date Posted: 2021-11-03
Job ID: EB-7127385597
Category: Private Equity
Location: Dallas, TX
Our client provides Real Estate Brokers and Agents and their Lending Institution partners with a creative and thoughtful technology tool set to initiate conversations and foster business relationships with the clients they serve. Their technology platform provides a full solution for the industry including marketing and lead generation, customer relationship management, and is currently being expanded to include transaction management and back-office management which will complete the offering.
The company was acquired by a leading software private equity firm in 2019. The firm has $8 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2020 and has completed 70+ acquisitions of vertical software businesses through a series of complementary de novo / buy and build platform strategies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
The Company seeks to recruit a Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) who will lead our Sales and Marketing (S&M) programs for the company and this position will report to the Chief Executive Officer. As a key member of the executive management team, the CRO will be expected to play a significant role, both strategically and operationally, in driving the company’s marketing programs and sales operations to enable at least 20% + rapid organic growth in bookings year over year. The CRO’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing the marketing strategy for the company, generating leads to support the sales targets, management of the marketing and sales team, developing and managing sales and marketing budgets, implementing weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for sales order bookings / orders, developing product pricing strategies, implementing and managing sales compensation programs and providing market insights for the company and CEO in order to develop the overall year to year business plans and market strategies that drive organic growth. The CRO will also create visibility and maintain high quality and high integrity relationships with the company’s customers, peer management team members and investors, including the Board of Directors. Finally, the CRO is expected to implement KPI’s and to facilitate the best and highest standard processes and procedures for the sales and marketing organization. The company currently employs 55 sales professionals and is completing additional acquisitions that will require integration into the sales and marketing team. Building an organizational growth plan that supports the business growth targets is key to the success of this position.
The Chief Revenue Officer will:
- Partner with other members of the executive team to execute the current corporate strategic plan, and develop sales and marketing plans that achieve or exceed financial targets set every year.
- Manage and ensure performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization’s revenue-generating departments
- Develop the marketing programs and processes that provide the branding, lead generation and qualification, marketing materials, industry competitive insights, conference participation, webinars, and marketing communications needed to support the achievement of sales targets set annually.
- Develop the sales programs and processes that drive sales prospecting, sales order closure, sales pipeline management, sales commission programs, sales KPI’s that enable the CEO and company to understand weekly, monthly and quarterly sales performance, and sales budget management.
- Develop sales campaigns that drive business growth across all customer segments and profiles, and share accountability with the marketing function for improving the individual customer experience and strategy
- Help maximize reach and efficiency by adding new, scalable partners who can resell or support our product sales.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Provide timely, accurate and useful sales forecasts and performance metrics and reporting for management and Board of Directors reporting.
- Serve as the company spokesperson with the industry analysts in conjunction with the CEO on Elm Street’s product offerings and market vision.
- Monitor the marketplace and analyze opportunities, providing competitive analysis, strategies, and tactics
- Stay well-connected with customers to ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into the product development and enhancement cycle
- Collaborate with finance, product management, and marketing on messaging, pricing strategies, and business models to achieve revenue goals
- Identify and resolve issues across the marketing/sales and account management functions
- Support the sales team with contract negotiation strategies and deal closures.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will possess the highest level of sales and marketing acumen and demonstrate the ability to establish and communicate a shared vision of the strategy and the future direction of the business.
The ideal candidate will be evaluated on the basis of the following experiential and competency criteria:
- Excellent track record and reputation as a CRO/Head of Sales of a SaaS / Software business within Private Equity.
- Experience working with private equity portfolio companies and/or led a company in sales and marketing to a liquidity event.
- 10+ years in diversified leadership roles, driving and implementing revenue growth
- Proven track record of growing revenue through new product development, marketing, branding, and partnerships
- Proven experience developing and executing business strategy
- Significant general management and P&L experience
- Ability to craft and execute a sales and marketing strategy
- History of decision-making based on sales forecasts, KPIs and metrics.
- Inspirational sales leadership style and hands-on approach
- A track record of strategically and candidly advising CEOs and effectively interfacing with and providing thoughtful analysis for the direction of sales and marketing.
- BA/BS degree in business or marketing, MBA preferred
- Ability to travel as the position requires.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.