Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Job ID: EB-1246586612
Category: Private Equity
Location: Philadelphia, PA
We are working with a national payroll service and human capital management (HCM) provider offering solutions that empower business to focus on what matters most. They deliver highly configurable HR and payroll solutions designed to create efficiencies and to maximize compliance for their clients across their nationwide presence.
Our client has been independent and private since inception and recently executed a sale transaction to a $6 billion New York based technology private equity firm. Combined with the company’s leadership team, the company will be aggressively growing via M&A and organically seeking to scale to +$200mm in the next 3-5 years as well as migrating to a SAAS business model. They will target 4-5 acquisitions per year.
In conjunction with the company’s growth plans, our client is currently seeking a unique, talented and capable individual who brings the ability to help define, shape and lead the strategic, long-term people direction of the company while also taking a hands-on role executing the tactics that drive employee success for a rapidly growing business transitioning to a SaaS business model.
The CHRO is an important and strategic executive position. This is the first executive People role at the company and will report directly to the CEO with the sole goal of building and driving the success of our client’s employees. This position will own all aspects of the company’s people activities, including talent recruiting, performance management, HR administration, benefits, DEI, and maintaining and driving a culture of growth and collaboration.
We seek an individual who has the intellect, drive, passion, energy and experience to lead the company to success. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience at a rapidly growing, fast paced, software business.
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure employee success, growth, and retention.
- Provide leadership and guidance for all human resources support across the business on the most complex issues, supporting staff, managers and executives in all related areas and regions including: diversity/inclusion, recruitment, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, benefits, culture, and people development.
- Partner with the CEO and senior leaders to develop optimal organizational structures that support growth and scale.
- Drive the buildout of a 360 feedback and performance management structure, ensuring that job descriptions, performance standards, and performance evaluation processes promote operational excellence and accountability.
- Design the on-going process and execution of employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve staff skills, leadership competencies, communication, and effectiveness.
- Build, support and grow a true DEI initiative that promotes diversity and inclusion within the company and ensures that our client can attract top talent across the country.
- Participate actively in strategic and operational planning with the executive team.
- Help build cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications across the organization.
- Design and implement on-going improvements to talent management strategies and programs including recruitment, training and development, engagement, retention, and succession.
- Continually assess HR policies, procedures, and programs. Recommend, communicate, and oversee implementation of new policies, internal processes, and creative ideas as needed or as market demands.
- Utilize experience and data to help guide decision making and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the company and to support business development and change
- Oversee effective use of tools and systems to collect, maintain, and analyze personnel data. Translate relevant employee data into insights which drive action plans at appropriate levels.
- Oversee the organization’s compliance with all legislation pertaining to personnel matters. Maintain knowledge of industry trends, employment legislation, and cost-efficient solutions.
- Collaborate with Finance to design and implement the organization’s compensation and benefits strategy including bonus programs, using external and internal benchmarking and ROI analysis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of people and HR leadership experience at an early stage or rapidly growing software business. Experience at a private equity backed software company is highly desired.
- Experience building and managing highly productive HR and Recruiting teams.
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll, and other operational functions.
- True commitment to DEI and experience incorporating DEI initiatives into the strategy of the business.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Startup and founding HR experience a very big plus!
- HR Certification (SHRM, HRCI).
- BS/BA degree or equivalent (MBA a plus).
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
- Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
- Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
- Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
- Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.