Job ID: EB-8978024622
Location: Atlanta, GA
Flexible on compensation
Atlanta, GA (Wednesdays in office)
Seeking 2 to 3 years of U.S. experience
Direct Hire, Full-time (No C2C)
Seeking a Regulatory Data Analyst to assist with research, coordinating, planning, and audit functions related to federal and state regulations for a U.S. based consumer lender. This position will help to ensure our company adheres to legal standards and established in-house policies. You will be responsible for helping to enforce regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide research related to compliance matters. The ideal candidate is well-versed in legal guidelines and regulatory best practices. They are professionals of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
This position will report to the Head of Compliance and assist with:
- Ensuring policy forms and rates for programs, as required by each state, are filed and maintained.
- Reviewing new statutes, regulations and bulletins from various state agencies. Review includes regulatory research to implement changes and/or new regulations and to communicate this information to all staff affected.
- Responding to state regulators, which involves researching and successfully resolving issues or questions posed.
- Assisting with interpreting various insurance laws, regulations or changes in instructions, and recommends procedure changes to manager as needed.
- Assisting in development of policies and procedures for compliance. Makes recommendations to manager for new processes and changes to current procedures.
- Working to complete regulatory compliance audits.
- Displaying the ability to actively participate in a cross functional team.
- Participating in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them. Understands the operation policies of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects.
- Demonstrating knowledge of regulatory requirements in the financial industry related to compliance including licensing and rate and form filings.
- Demonstrating knowledge of and the ability to perform multi-state regulatory filings.
- Performing legal research to understand compliance audit issues and to assist with final research to resolve issues.
- Policies and procedures across multiple lending portfolios and products
- Risk assessments
- Quarterly employee training program
- Check regulatory calendar for license renewals, updates by state
- Implement updates with new laws and regulations
- Communicate with outside counsel to figure out creative solutions
- Attend calls with payment processors
- Help onboard vendors and service providers
- Monitor NACHA compliance
- Monitoring- Fair Lending, TILA, FCRA, ECOA, Reg E, Reg Z, Reg F, Fair Debt Collection Act, Payday Lending Act, Adverse notices, credit bureau reporting, data integrity, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of the financial industry’s standards and regulations. Knowledge of consumer lending or financial audits would be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field is a plus
- Certified compliance professional or paralegal experience is a plus
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.