Date Posted: 2021-02-24
Job ID: EB-9533535241
Category: Private Equity
Location: San Diego, CA
Tenure: 2-3 years or Career Track
Start Date: Immediate
Location: San Diego OR Southern California
Our client has a recently formed holding company focused on acquiring and growing niche vertical market SaaS businesses with $2 – $10MM ARR. The company acquires and partners with entrepreneurs providing resources and operational best practices to drive growth across its portfolio of independently operated companies.
The company was formed in January 2021 receiving initial funding to launch the software de novo growth strategy. The PE sponsor has recently made two exceptional hires at CEO and Head of M&A. They are now seeking investment professionals to build a high velocity M&A function. Over the course of the investment cycle the M&A team will aim to acquire 10-15 companies per year, with the PE sponsor allocating $100-$200 million of equity capital. Successful candidates will be able to build an impressive deal sheet and obtain deep experience leading and executing all phases of a deal.
• Find and get in touch with software businesses in the US across a wide range of niche vertical markets. Candidates will develop a thesis and own deal origination within their verticals
• Develop close relationships with CEOs, investment bankers, lawyers, and other regional influencers to facilitate introductions and connect with outstanding technology companies
• Frequent travel with members of the M&A team when safe to do so
• Complete diligence, including: customer metrics analysis, modeling, and industry research
• Create presentation materials for board review and company pitches
• Identify opportunities for acquired companies to improve technology offerings and increase growth rate
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 1 – 3 years of experience with a leading investment bank, private equity/venture capital, consulting firm, or corporate development group backed by a leading software investor
• Previous experience in software or technology M&A strongly preferred
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com .
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.