Date Posted: 2021-05-10
Job ID: EB-9800979224
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: Seattle, WA
Seattle, Santa Barbara, or Remote Option
120-140K base + 15% bonus + RSUs sign-on bonus
What You’ll Do:
- Become a data expert, help educate and evangelize data usage across company
- Work with fellow data services team members, data scientists, and analysts to connect data sources, understand insights and transform data into information that drives business processes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Assist in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement and storage.
- Be a part of complex projects that require collaboration with other Data Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and Test Engineers.
- Have the ability to work closely with project managers, business analysts, data modelers and solution architects in the timely execution of project deliverables.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years Data Engineering experience building reliable, scalable, low latency systems.
- Strong SQL skills, including data modeling and architecture of relational (3NF) and reporting optimized (Star/Snowflake Schema) data structures.
- In depth experience with ETL development.
- Expertise in writing custom ETL tasks. Including custom sources and destinations.
- Strong query optimization skills. Should understand indexing and partitioning of tables.
- Strong in SSIS and SQL Server.
- Experience writing technical documentation for your data loads.
- Good analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and work on multiple tasks in order to meet key milestones and deadlines.
- Proven experience in working closely with both internal customers and external customers.
- Have knowledge about Agile Development methodology.
- Snowflake SQL experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases, particularly Cassandra.
- Experience engineering in an AWS cloud environment
- Python data development with SQL, API, and raw file (XML, JSON, CSV) sources and destinations.
- C# development.
- JAVA data engineering experience
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.