Job ID: EB-6889145562 Category: Analytics, Data Science & Data Gov. Location: Remote,
Seeking Director of Cloud Data Platforms and Engineering Full-time, direct hire, corporate opportunity with competitive base PLUS quarterly paid cash bonus incentives and benefits. Remote / work-from-home, with reasonable travel 10% anticipated. Amazing, fast paced & fun industry, cutting edge technology, and deep training budget for growth.
*Sorry, no sponsorship or contracting options available.
Details about the opportunity: the Director of Cloud Data Platforms and Engineering is responsible for overseeing the multi-year data modernization and continual improvement of a modern data platform in alignment with the clients Data Strategy goals. He/she will work along other key leaders and create a cloud based, value-driving platform that drives industry leading innovations. He/she will have excellent leadership, communication, analytical, and organizational skills, and are passionate about delivering business value through data and technology
STRICTLY required skills include – Three (3) years’ experience in a Management position and Ten (10) years of platform engineering and technology product with demonstrated technical and business acumen
What you will be doing:
• Building/developing a high-performing Data Platform team – coach, mentor and develop team members, attract, and retain talent, improve operating models to enable high performance and team cohesion.
• Provide hands-on technical leadership, guidance and mentoring to a team of engineers to deliver high-quality, robust, and scalable solutions on time.
• Develop deep partnerships with stakeholders across the organization, instill accountability and motivate cross-functional teams to deliver reliable solutions.
• Provide thought leadership – bring fresh thinking on business growth and streamline opportunities using data, with a focus on scalability, usability, governance, and security.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Any experience with the following will be viewed as a plus and should therefore also be highlighted in resume submissions please:
• Possess a deep technical background, including knowledge of frontend, backend, infrastructure and mobile application technologies, and experience in an agile environment, experience as a developer is a plus
• Full understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies.
• Must have a pulse on current market trends, and can lead a build/buy assessment to determine the best option looking both at TCO, and potential competitive advantages
• Demonstrated experience leading large-scale Data modernization initiatives in a complex enterprise environment with a matrix of business and technology stakeholders.
• Deep experience in Data warehousing and reporting technologies including modern cloud data warehousing platforms such as Snowflake. Experience with Snowflake migrations a plus.
• Deep working experience with Bigdata technologies with data streaming knowledge.
• Deep experience in ELT tools like DBT, ADF, Fivetran, or any other parallel ELT tools.
• Strong familiarity with advanced analytics tooling such as PowerBi or Tableau.
• Proven track record managing large, complex software development/ integration projects in both host and distributed environments
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Information Technology; Consumer Products, CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Technology Practice has deep expertise understanding how technology executives drive business performance. We have placed mid to senior level talent including CIOs, CTOs, and leaders in Development, Infrastructure, Data Management and E-Commerce.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.