Job ID: EB-1879230099 Category: Accounting & Finance Location: Atlanta, GA
Location: Hybrid Schedule – Metro Atlanta
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Director Financial Reporting will be responsible for completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including footnotes, related management discussion and analysis and supporting documentation. The Director will lead and mange technical accounting research and analysis projects including implementation of new accounting standards, lead purchase accounting, transition to GAAP policies for mergers and acquisitions, and valuation activities. The successful candidate is a well-rounded leader with strategic influence, sound business acumen and a collaborative style.
• Leads technical accounting support and implementation of new accounting and disclosure standards to ensure financial statements comply with GAAP requirements by analyzing, researching, and concluding new and proposed accounting, reporting, and disclosure standards.
• Support the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements including the drafting of the GAAP financial statements, footnotes, and disclosures. Serves as a liaison with external independent auditors and internal stakeholders.
• Manages the preparation and review of the quarterly Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) of financial results to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
• Coordinates with internal and external partners in preparation of annual proxy, sustainability reporting, corporate valuation and long-term incentive valuation and accounting.
• Leads technical accounting research of accounting issues as they arise and support the implementation of new accounting and disclosures standards required to ensure that the financial statements comply with GAAP requirements.
• Collaborates with operations finance, tax, treasury, and business operations to ensure accuracy and compliance with international statutory accounting requirements.
• Assists with the review of potential M&A targets, including review target accounting practices and policies, assessing impact of company accounting policies. Lead purchase accounting and valuation activities.
• Supports the understanding and compliance with GAAP & / or IFRS accounting standards, company internal control procedures and practices to assure the achievement of company financial objectives, protection, and leverage of company assets. Develops technical accounting training for the finance and accounting team.
• Improve quality of financial reporting ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and appropriate business insight into financial results.
• Deploy technical accounting solutions to speed implementation and accurate adoption of technical accounting changes.
• Ensure the timely adoption of accounting pronouncements promoting consistency and accuracy across all aspects of financial reporting.
Job Description CTDEducation, Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree Years of Relevant Work Experience Required: 5-15 Years
Preferred Areas of Education, Certifications, and Skills:
• Strong academic credentials including a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. Master’s Degree a plus
• Big Four or national accounting firm audit experience preferred.
• Ten years of progressive Accounting and Finance experience
• Strong broad-based knowledge and experience in accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, and mergers and acquisitions.
• Proven problem-solving and analytical skills coupled with a rigorous decision-making process.
• Ability to initiate projects and provide project-management discipline. Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects.
• Highly collaborative personality who is able to thrive in a hands-on environment.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of work and effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Earns the respect of peers, subordinates and superiors for their integrity, ethics, and ability to set a standard in leadership.
Required Licenses & Certificates:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.