Director of M&A Integration
Job ID: EB-3484400001
Category: Private Equity
Location: Summit, NJ
The Director of M&A Integration leads the orderly on-boarding of new business acquisitions – by providing support to the due diligence process, leading the pre-close 100-day planning process, coordinating cross-functional activities on the closing date, and managing all post-close activities, during the first 100-days after a new acquisition – and reports directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), working with cross-functional leaders.
The Director of M&A Integration has very strong ability to problem-solve, strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail, is able to cope with and handle stress and competing priorities, and has strong time management, solid and consistent performance, accuracy, and reliability.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and leverages diligence findings to influence the integration / separation strategy & approach
- Facilitates business and functional teams to create strategic approaches to complex projects with effective plans
- Drives project progress by managing cross-functional teams, identifying opportunities, overcoming obstacles/risks, developing strategic recommendations, and ensuring deliverables are optimally executed
- Develops strong working relationships with key stakeholders in order to achieve results
- Creates meeting content and presentations, including updates to senior business leaders. Particular emphasis on creating effective/impactful presentations that summarize complex ideas and recommendations
- Supporting the development of integration infrastructure (e.g. tools, processes) and implementing integration best-practices
- Experience: 5+ years of progressive business acquisition (affiliation) management experience in a growing mid-market company (or 3+ years of experience in management consulting, if experience involved support to business acquisitions or mergers)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, engineering, math, hard science, computer science, or another “quantitative” field and/or relevant field. MBA and Certification in Lean, Six Sigma, or related credentials preferred, but not required.
- Experience with pre and post-integration management methodologies, including due diligence and 100-day planning for acquisitions either within management consulting or direct industry experience. Healthcare services experience preferred.
- Experience with project management approaches, including discovery, scoping, planning, and leading project reviews among business partners and stakeholders
- Experience with process improvement approaches, including diagnosis, design, and delivery of change to business processes
- Excellent problem-solver in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
- Proven self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude and ability to operate independently
- Relationship-builder with strong collaborative skills to partner with diverse set of colleagues
- Flexibility to travel at least 50% of time