Date Posted: 2021-03-10
Job ID: EB-5073662602
Category: Consumer Products
Location: Chicago, IL
Our client, a fast-growing technology company and a leader in its category, is in an exciting transformative stage and is seeking a Director of Product Management to join its growing team. This is a great opportunity with a company that is committed to long-term growth, with a focus on leading edge technologies and products. If you are a business leader with a General Manager mentality, and you are excited about developing products that respond to the voice of the customer, you’ll want to hear more about this role!
• Develop, communicate and implement the business unit product and service strategy
• Deliver brand strategy, product portfolio management, integrated marketing planning, pricing strategies
• Drive the product team to achieve and surpass company sales, profitability, and business goals and objectives
• Manage P&L across multiple product portfolios with business unit leaders, driving profitability, volume growth and market share, as well as best in class execution of product and services
• Ensure product portfolio vision and roadmap align with business unit strategy, with emphasis on fast paced new product development and releases with both hardware and software focus
• Own the strategy for brand, products, and channels across multiple product portfolios; partner with cross-functional leaders to develop go-to-market strategies and ensure achievement of product line objectives
• Lead cross-functional collaboration to develop and deliver connected services required for product portfolio; drive the implementation and sustaining of the end user connected experience, including uncovering real-time consumer insights and driving user experience requirements
Ideal candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, Engineering) and 8-10 years in product management; MBA preferred
• Experience managing product portfolio with multiple categories, and taking them from concept through commercialization
• P&L management experience
• Prior experience managing hardware and software offerings, and comfortable interacting with highly technical development teams. IoT/connected/smart home products experience is desired
• Transformative mindset; demonstrated ability to identify unique customer experiences and develop hardware/software to solve customer needs
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are
trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs.https://brainworksinc.com
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.