Date Posted: 2021-10-22
Job ID: EB-8738449343
Category: Consumer Products
Location: Florence, SC
Our client, a long-standing food processing and packaging manufacturer is in a growth mode and is seeking a Director of Quality Assurance to join its team. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of quality focused programs over three facilities. This is a great opportunity to lead, build and develop an effective team to support the production process and develop guidelines for quality programs and standards that meet or exceed customer and regulatory requirements.
• Develop company guidelines for quality programs and standards that meet or exceed customer and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, and Food Safety
• Monitor and improve quality systems to ensure the highest quality product is produced for customers
• Develop plant level Quality Managers to ensure that they are performing to expected standards in support of the production process
• Develop vendor specifications and standards to provide customers with the safest ingredients and supplies possible
• Work with Sales & Marketing, R&D, Production, and directly with customers to define and improve product specifications
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all product labels in accordance with USDA and FDA requirements.
• Direct communication with Regulatory Institutions/staff and technical services to submit for label approvals and obtain documentation required for government and commercial accounts.
Ideal candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related discipline, and 7+ years’ experience in a quality function within a food manufacturing environment
• Expertise in the areas of shelf-stable, and/or frozen products
• SPC training and knowledge of statistical methods and BRC or SQF experience is required
• Experience overseeing multi-Sites with a lean/continuous mind is preferred
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.