Date Posted: 2021-07-16
Job ID: EB-2114202637
Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: New York, NY
BrainWorks has engaged in a new Director of Revenue Accounting search with a scaling private equity backed global SAAS company. This newly created finance leadership role will lead all revenue recognition accounting and reporting for the company as required by US GAAP. You will ensure that revenue is accurately recognized, develop revenue reporting policies, and execute best practices. The successful candidate will have strong experience with SAAS based revenue recognition accounting and experience being part of building and leading an accounting team. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and will have visibility with the executive team and external audit partners. There is tremendous opportunity for growth as the department continues to develop.
• Assist in the continued development and scaling of the revenue accounting function.
• Manage the Month-end Revenue close process.
• Review existing processes and evaluate future changes required to ensure the most efficient and effective means for revenue recognition.
• Take a leading part in the external audit and liaise between the audit team and the internal team for all matters related to revenue accounting.
• Lead efforts to create a streamlined and automated revenue recognition process and greatly assist in the reduction of time to the completion of the financial statements closing process.
• Provide support and guidance to the legal and operations teams during contract negotiations, pilot programs, and reviews in the areas of revenue recognition.
• Bachelors or Masters in Accounting
• 8+ years of combined Public Accounting and SAAS Industry accounting experience (Big 4 or Regional experience preferred)
• CPA required
• Must have ASC 606, Revenue Accounting and SAAS Industry experience
• Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop a high-performing team
• Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
• Experience in Audit, general accounting, revenue recognition desired
• A solid understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting required
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.