Date Posted: 2022-03-22
Job ID: EB-1114043143
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: Boston, MA
Enterprise BI Program Manager
Boston, MA Partial Remote
Competitive base salary
Small Lump sum relocation if needed
The Operations & Business Analytics Team is expanding & looking for problem solvers who want to drive administrative savings back to patient care & research. A subdivision of our Informatics & Analytics department led by the Chief Data & Analytics Officer that is responsible for building a world class analytics environment, enabling measurability & transparency of key KPIs for improved decision making.
As we continue to expand, executive leadership recognizes the overall impact of analytics on our physicians, nurses, researchers, administrators, & most importantly, our patients. This recognition comes with a committed investment in the Team to build the data & analytics infrastructure that will continue to fuel our growth.
We work every day to create an innovative, caring, & inclusive environment where every patient, family, & staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty & staff. Cancer knows no boundaries & when it comes to hiring the most dedicated & diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Reporting to the Lead of Business Intelligence & Analytics Operations, the Program & Knowledge Manager will be responsible for both program & knowledge management operational duties within the Operations & Business Analytics team. This position is a foundational role working with all leadership & teams to develop enterprise capabilities of scalable, tech-enabled processes & knowledge assets. This position will also collaborate with other functions within the Department of Informatics & Analytics, like the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team, & others across the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a framework for institutional knowledge management system to enable user-friendly population & findability for analytic assets: business definitions, dashboards, data sources, models, subject area marts, data governance
- Select appropriate tools & applications to implement the knowledge management system
- Design & lead pilot(s) for the knowledge management system
- Collaborate with leadership to develop robust & lightweight knowledge management processes with clear RACI to enable the population of new analytic assets in the knowledge management system
- Design, implement, & lead effort to populate existing assets in knowledge management system
- Maintain system & keep up to date
- Surface data governance implications & collaborate with leadership to address
- Collaborate & consult with leadership to ensure consistent adoption of the operating model across all teams; track departmental & team progress towards goals & milestones
- Develop resource allocation & project tracking, & consistent mechanisms for demand intake, quality control & client service
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence & Analytics Technical & Advance Operational Analytics Lead to develop & implement operational technical processes, for ex., promoting dashboards to production, keeping track of business intelligence platform licenses, integration of predictive model output with Tableau dashboards
- Develop & execute standardized reports for Senior Director to regularly track departmental progress (goals, projects, dashboard usage)
- Steward annual budget process in collaboration with leadership; collect requirements, project cost estimations, track spending towards budget; collaborate with the I&A operations manager to align departmental budget process
- Advise & support administrative & operational colleagues on operational tasks like requisitioning, invoicing, tracking payments, preparing & maintaining contracts & SOWs with vendors, conducting vendor research, coordinating vendor selection, as needed
- Manage standard operating procedures (SOPs) for talent acquisition function e.g. steps for recruiting at different levels, RACI of different team members at various steps, feedback mechanisms, decision criteria
- Ensure uniformity & maintain up to-date files for job descriptions
- Implement & execute a voice of the customer & employee feedback programs that enable continuous listening, learning, action planning & follow-through; collaborate with leadership to develop action plans based on learnings from feedback & monitor progress on action planning execution
- Provide forward & innovative thinking on program management approaches & processes for a scalable enterprise Business Intelligence function
Training & Communications
- Enhance & maintain department presence across websites (internal & external). Maintain content on internal wiki pages
- Design & implement portal as single access point for customer service that can be used to submit new requests, get access to analytic assets & the knowledge management system, access the enterprise business intelligence platform
- Develop newsletter; collaborate with leadership to create content & disseminate quarterly
- Refine & streamline departmental standardized processes & operating model curriculum content, training materials & scheduling.
- Maintain & enhance onboarding curriculum
- Develop consistent communication strategies to be implement them
- Develop & maintain crowdsourced FAQ site for the team
- Provide consultation to the team via office hours specific to role expertise
- Develop scalable curriculum & processes, including knowledge assets, that can be used by others for training, learning, & development. Participate in communities of practice & provide content, for skills & lab
- Provide forward & innovative thinking on knowledge & content management tools & practices for enterprise Business Intelligence
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (finance, accounting, business, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, communications) required
- 5+ years of experience developing & building knowledge & program management capabilities for an enterprise business intelligence team
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with leaders & colleagues across multiple groups & influencing tangible outcomes
- Hands-on proficiency in business intelligence reporting (Tableau, Power BI, other) & querying techniques (SQL, SAS, STATA, other) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience coordinating & collaborating with multiple Technical groups (including IT & EDW teams) & stakeholder groups.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Experience interacting with & supporting executive-level clients.
- Ability to work successfully, with diplomacy, patience, & respect, & maintain focus in a complex, fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Able to independently supervise the development & presentation of complex business issues analysis & resolution
- Ability & desire to mentor others & manage resources in both direct & matrix reporting environments
- Self-driven, flexible, & motivated to learn with great organization skills
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery of high-quality service
- Must be willing to contribute to & foster a team player culture where all are encouraged & willing to share information
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.