Date Posted: 2021-06-28
Job ID: EB-4779849309
Category: Private Equity
Location: Orlando, FL
Our client is a private equity backed provider of digital as well as traditional flexographic printing of quality labels, necessary services, information, and design tools enabling companies to design their product’s label for their branding purposes. The company was recently acquired and there is a strong focus on professionalizing the company both financially and operationally, and to help facilitate the company’s future growth. As such, we are in search for a Head of Human Resources to lead and drive human resources and talent management across the business.
In conjunction with the company’s growth plans, we are currently seeking a unique, talented and capable individual who brings the ability to help define, shape and lead the strategic, long-term people direction of the company while also taking a hands-on role executing the tactics that drive employee success for a rapidly growing business.
The Head of HR is an important and strategic executive position, with the main goal of building and driving a PEOPLE FIRST culture within the company. This position will report to the CFO and be responsible for identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals in addition to setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices.
We seek an individual who has the intellect, drive, passion, energy and experience to lead the company to success. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience at a rapidly growing and fast paced business.
Year 1 Critical Success Factors:
- Strong partner to CFO, CEO and leadership team in helping drive a successful integration of 2 businesses as it relates to HR, 401K integration, talent acquisition, payroll, compliance, benefits and compensation policies.
- Evaluate culture across 2 divisions and drive a collaborative transformation resulting in a People first organization with a focus on retention, development, and HR best practices.
- Be a strategic business partner to CFO and CEO that can drive initiatives while being extremely hands on with limited oversight while balancing a high-level strategic view in thinking through complex business problems.
- Lead and focus on professional development of existing HR team.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Collaborates with management team to create and administer development & training programs.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to cultivate company culture and employee loyalty programs including overseeing company team building activities & events.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organizations human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organizations success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management for multi-state operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of people and HR leadership experience at a rapidly growing business with oversight of lean teams. Experience at a private equity backed company is highly desired.
- Strong business integration experience and solid understanding of HR workstreams
- Experience building and managing highly productive HR and Recruiting teams.
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll, and other operational functions.
- True commitment to DEI and experience incorporating DEI initiatives into the strategy of the business.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Experience in automating processes and working with Human Resources Management Systems.
- Strong sense of urgency and proactive problem solver with an analytical mindset
- Previous experience in lower pay industries (manufacturing, retail, distribution, etc…)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent, HR Certification (SHRM, HRCI) preferred
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.