Date Posted: 2021-07-19
Job ID: EB-7993116595
Category: Private Equity
We have recently partnered with a leading provider of financial and practice management software to law firms nationwide that was just acquired by a multi-billion dollar PE investor. The company provides tailored enterprise software to drastically improve workflow and maximize financial performance. With a community of nearly 50,000 members, the company continues to transform the legal industry by enabling law firms to unlock higher performance by freeing lawyers of administrative burdens so they can spend far more time focusing on their clients and their practices. The company is embarking on a highly aggressive growth and acquisition strategy with the goal of creating a $100+mm business in the next few years. This is a great opportunity to create significant economic value and be part of the key leadership team. The company is located in Cincinnati, Ohio but this is a remote role and an immediate start.
The Head of Strategy and M&A will have direct responsibilities for all aspects of the company’s internal M&A practices including, but not limited to, market analysis & strategy, sourcing new deals, evaluating potential opportunities, attending workshops and conventions, establishing industry contacts, completing business diligence, as well as closely interacting with PE sponsor to drive growth. Candidates should have strong business judgment, communication, and networking skills.
The Head of Strategy & M&A reports to the CEO and dotted line to the PE deal team. He/she will support the company’s internal M&A practice and work with the PE sponsor to drive value for the Company. He/she will occasionally liaise with team leads and department heads.
We are seeking dynamic professionals at leading investment banking groups or private equity firms with a strong track record in sourcing and executing software and technology M&A transactions.
• Lead the execution of the platforms’ add-on affiliation transactions
• Lead and perform deal-related analysis, including financial modeling and due diligence review.
• Perform commercial diligence and drive strategy to identify adjacent market opportunities
• Manage financial due diligence work with the executive team and PE Sponsor during the deal structuring/negotiations for platform affiliations; interact with lenders as required.
• Develop in depth investment memorandums and present to senior management regarding rationale of affiliation investments.
• Work closely with the executive management team to assist in the development of presentation materials for quarterly meetings with the platforms’ Board of Directors.
• Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence.
• Current 2nd or 3rd year investment banking analyst or Associate at a growth/private equity firm with demonstrated track record of sourcing and leading health care services deals. Corporate development professionals and strategy consultants with strong M&A experience will also be considered.
• Exceptional financial modeling capabilities and well versed in the M&A transaction process.
• Ability to drive front end strategy to assess new markets, verticals, product lines and growth opportunities to expand into via M&A or organically.
• Strong work ethic and exceptional performance in everything they do.
• Partner in supporting Senior leadership and Private Equity sponsor in driving the overall investment strategy.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.