Investment Banking Associate / Senior Analyst
Job ID: EB-1395478350
Category: Private Equity
Location: Atlanta, GA
Our client is a highly regarded boutique investment banking firm based in Atlanta, GA. They have been around for over 50 years and are one of the most highly regarded M&A advisory firms in the Southeast. They also have managed 5 private equity funds along side of their advisory services and professionals on the team are involved with both investment banking work as well as looking at principal investment opportunities.
The Investment Banking Associate and Senior Analyst will play an important role on the firm’s advisory team, executing a broad range of transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raises and financings. Candidates can expect to receive a higher level of responsibility and deal execution experience than at peer institutions.
- Investment Banking Associates and Senior Analysts are expected to manage the day-to-day aspects of deal execution and other pitch activity:
- Creating detailed financial models used for valuation and financial analysis (DCF, LBO, M&A, accretion/dilution, comparable company and precedent transaction analysis)
- Preparing marketing documents, including pitch materials, confidential offering memoranda, management presentations, fairness opinions and board presentations
- Conducting extensive financial and industry due diligence to evaluate the risk/return parameters of a transaction
- Supporting senior bankers in their relationship development responsibilities, including interaction with current and prospective clients and new business generation; and
- Managing, developing and mentoring analysts and other support staff.
- Associates participate in client meetings, due diligence visits and other client interactions during which they gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers, and are expected to effectively manage and leverage the work of Analysts in completing a project.
- Associate: 3-5 years of M&A investment banking experience; Current Analysts seeking a direct promote to Associate will be strongly considered
- Analyst: 1-3 years of experience in investment banking, Transaction Advisory Services, Restructuring & Private Equity Services (i.e. Alvarez & Marsal), Big 4 deal advisory or business valuation
- Strong knowledge of the M&A process and experience working on sell-side deals from inception to closing
- Strong financial modeling skills and firm grasp of valuation techniques including DCF, LBO, Comparable Companies and Precedent Transactions
- Ties to the Southeast preferred