Date Posted: 2021-06-07
Job ID: EB-2625422496
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: Remote, USA
Lead Data Engineer
140-150K + Equity Options Bonus
In this role you will:
● Define & collaborate on the big data IoT tech stack, using Apache Spark, Kafka,
Python, & AWS.
● Select tech stack & fill in gaps for tool-chains & workflows.
● Work with software developers & data scientists to establish & implement good
data engineering practices & processes.
● Work with hardware engineers to help interface data from cloud to hardware
● Work with team members to keep projects on track & stakeholders informed.
The ideal candidate will have:
● 5+ years’ experience as a data engineer
● Python – Extensive knowledge of Python programing for data engineering
● ETL – Experience implementing & monitoring production data pipelines
● SQL – A working knowledge of SQL
● Apache Spark (PySpark) – An intermediate ability to write & debug Spark jobs
● Apache Airflow – Experience configuring & operating Apache Airflow for job
● Apache Kafka – Admin & monitoring of high available Kafka installations on AWS
● Linux command line – Working knowledge of Linux command line & security
● AWS cloud experience – EC2, S3, & IAM configuration & automation
● JIRA – Experience organizing projects in JIRA & executing priorities to a team of
● You have an awareness of your weak spots & a genuine desire to improve.
● You’re looking for a long-term role with a company that has long-term ambition.
● You can balance a demanding workload, discern priorities, & communicate
The icing on the cake:
● Experience with Python remote kernels (with Spyder or PyCharm)
● Knowledge of big data real-time streaming tools like Kafka Stream or Flink
● Experience with image processing or complex sensor data
● Familiarity with C++
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.