Date Posted: 2021-09-20
Job ID: EB-1813549259
Category: Private Equity
Location: New York, NY
We are working with a private equity-backed software and payments platform based in New York, NY and Auburn, AL. The company acquires 13-18 small and medium sized software companies across multiple vertical markets each year. The company is on pace to have acquired 50 companies by the end of 2021. Once acquired, companies become a part of the platform and the team focuses on improving growth rates through the introduction of payments processing, digital marketing best practices, and shared back-office services.
M&A Analysts work closely with the entire deal team to source, evaluate, and complete acquisitions of vertical software companies. The role is expected to report to the New York, NY office and travel at least once per month to meet companies or attend conferences. Skillset is similar to middle-market investment banking and private equity, but the environment is different. You will be on a small and entrepreneurial team that is expected to adapt and improve process as they continue to grow the platform and M&A playbook.
- Learn to take an acquisition from initial sourcing call through to signing and closing
- Find and get a hold of great vertical software businesses in the US & Canada across a wide range of industries
- Develop close relationships with CEOs, investment bankers, and industry veterans to connect with target companies
- Travel monthly, sometimes with other members of the M&A team, to represent company at meetings with CEOs and attend trade shows
- Complete diligence workstreams including customer metrics analysis, modeling/budgeting, and industry research
- Negotiate legal documents with seller parties
- Create presentation materials for pitches and acquisition approvals
- Identify opportunities for acquired companies to improve product offerings and grow faster
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that will be tested and refined every day while interacting with CEOs
- Analyst: 1 – 3 years of experience with evaluating software companies at an investment bank, private equity or growth equity firm, or in corporate development
- Understands and is curious about software and technology
- Tenacious, energetic, and outgoing personality
- Ability to not only adhere to process, but also help continuously improve it over time
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.