Job ID: EB-1838994226 Category: Market Research & Consumer Insights Location: Boston, MA
Market Research Manager $90,000 to $120,000 + 10% Bonus Boston, New York, Chicago, or Atlanta (hybrid) 3+ years of experience No Sponsorship No Relocation
We’re looking to expand our small but growing 3-person in-house market research department with a Market Research Manager who specializes in Healthcare & Life Sciences. The role is primarily internal facing with a focus on supporting consultants in their day-to-day market research activities. There is an opportunity for some external facing activities which include providing strategic insight to our clients regarding our approach to market research and explaining various qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
As a Market Research Manager, you have expert knowledge of market research methods and processes and are conversant in quantitative research design, interpretation, and analysis of results. Great candidates will have demonstrated high professional achievement and leadership skills in past roles. You work confidently and respectfully with colleagues at all levels, and value building strong relationships across the organization. You exhibit a proactive approach to work, show a desire to deliver above and beyond, and thrive in an environment of significant autonomy.
In this role, you will:
• Advise and assist execution of all phases of quantitative market research studies: questionnaire design, programming, data collection and analysis.
• Act as a coach/mentor to new or less experienced consultants and market research support staff.
• Use your healthcare experience to help consultants execute quantitative research across 4 main areas: pharma & biotech, medical devices, digital healthcare/medical technology, and consumer healthcare. There will be opportunities to work across practice groups (i.e. non-Healthcare & Life Science projects) and support international teams as well.
• Discuss strategic business problems with internal project teams and advise on research methods to best answer their business questions.
• Help drive the future of the Market Research Center of Excellence and the company by contributing to the documentation, standardization, and continual improvement of firm-specific market research processes.
The ideal candidate will have prior market research experience and a deep understanding of conjoint and multivariate techniques. More specifically we’re looking for someone with the following profile:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years of direct market research experience (supplier side experience an asset)
• Demonstrated experience working with qualitative and quantitative methodologies
• Hands-on experience designing, implementing, and presenting results from a range of primary and/or secondary market research methodologies
• Experience with various quantitative research methods (design, execution, and analysis): Conjoint (DCM, ACBC), MaxDiff, crosstabs, cluster/segmentation analysis, market simulator development
• Ability to understand complex business issues and advise on actionable research methods to help address them
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel)
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Entrepreneurial and pro-active attitude
• Experience with healthcare/life sciences (and adjacent) research and design
• Experience conducting complex data analysis on large datasets (e.g. transaction data analysis)
• Understanding of market research programming platforms (e.g. Qualtrics, Decipher/Forsta)
• Proficiency with other analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS, SPSS, STATA, etc.) is a plus
• Experience using Lighthouse Studio/Sawtooth
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.