PE Backed Corporate Development Analyst
Job ID: EB-2090387699
Category: Private Equity
Location: Dallas, TX
Our client is a leading private equity firm with more than $6 billion in capital deployed to date, focused on the digital infrastructure sector. The firm holds an investment in one of the largest private enterprise data center businesses in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the company operates 15 data centers across 8 markets and is actively looking to continue growing the footprint. The portfolio company has expanded rapidly through organic growth and accretive M&A, more than doubling revenue since the initial acquisition in 2016.
Our client is seeking a Corporate Development Analyst or Senior Analyst to work directly with the EVP of Corporate Development in evaluating M&A targets and other proprietary development opportunities. The candidate will work extremely closely with the entire C-suite team and the private equity sponsor in strategy development and deal execution. The role provides a unique opportunity to play an instrumental role in the company’s growth through extensive involvement with all facets of the M&A process, while also gaining vital operating experience related to post-acquisition integration, synergy realization, management and board level reporting and other ad hoc financial and operational analyses.
- Work directly with executive team and financial sponsor on strategy development and M&A deal execution
- Support in financial due diligence and deal structuring / negotiations
- Build and maintain complex financial models
- Prepare in-depth investment memos and board materials presenting investment rationale, and diligence findings
- Support other strategic projects as necessary (e.g., new build underwriting, strategic financing projects, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of experience – either investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate development or a combination of those experiences
- Experience building complex financial models and preparing detailed financial analyses
- Demonstrated organizational, project management, and communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Organized and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects/priorities in a time critical environment