Job ID: EB-1143615535
Category: Private Equity
Location: Charlotte, NC
Our client is a $500 million leading industrial distribution company backed by a leading private equity firm. This position, directly reporting to the SVP of Finance, will have 2-3 direct reports and oversee the company’s credit function. The selected candidate will work to continuously improve the company’s ongoing business credit processes and manage the assigned day-to-day credit functions. The select candidate will be responsible for select North America portfolios, including regular credit reviews, basic financial analysis, risk analysis, collaborating with commercial, collections and cash application teams around collections/dispute management, resolving specific allowances for doubtful accounts, etc. The Credit Manager will also management improvement in Key Performance Indicators for their portfolios and driving operational improvements throughout the organization.
The Core Responsibilities Of This Position Include
- Lead and complete periodic credit reviews, including financial analysis and credit risk scoring that supports credit risk across varying economic cycles.
- Lead customer on-boarding process, including credit reviews, risk analysis, approval of credit limits within authorization framework, supervise set-up of any e-invoicing, ACH-Debit payments, etc.
- Approve the use of specific payment terms to optimally handle portfolio DSO.
- Decision accountability regarding the extension of credit within the assigned delegated authority framework.
- Collaborate with the cash application, collections departments and commercial management teams to escalate collections of past due accounts receivable, resolution of disputes, as needed, to achieve company KPIs.
- Implement order holds as required to effectively run customer exposure levels, collections and risk.
- Work with the Senior Management Team, across the organization, to support sales growth while mitigating credit risks.
- Anticipate and/or recognize internal and external factors that may impact organizational performance in a dynamic market, business, and economic environment.
- BA/BS; preferably in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field
- Minimum of two or more years of commercial credit or finance ideally in a supervisory or Manager function
- Comfortable making quick/calculated decisions
- Consistent track record of working collaboratively across an organization and provide excellent leadership, operational, and interpersonal skills.
- Motivation to be innovative with a continuous improvement mentality, and act as a change agent, all while focusing on internal control and risk-management
- This role will be mostly a work from home role commuting to the corporate office in the Charlotte area once or twice per month.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.