PE Senior Associate – Software & Payments
Job ID: EB-8635958223
Category: Private Equity
Location: New York, NY
Our client is a leading private equity firm focused on financial technology that recently allocated $100 million to acquire and build out a holding company of several payments companies across different verticals. Their goal is to increase payments margins and provide operational support to management teams within a family of companies. This is a very high volume M&A role targeting 2 acquisitions per month in the size range of up to $20 million in enterprise value per deal. Successful candidates will be able to build an impressive deal sheet and obtain deep experience leading and executing all phases of a deal.
- Find and get in touch with software businesses in the US across a wide range of markets including nonprofit and fundraising, leisure and activity management, SMB management, equipment, and storage rental, real estate and field and home services
- Develop close relationships with CEOs, investment bankers, lawyers, and other regional influencers to facilitate introductions and connect with outstanding technology companies
- Frequent travel with members of the M&A team
- Complete diligence, including: customer metrics analysis, modeling, and industry research
- Create presentation materials for board review and company pitches
- Identify opportunities for acquired companies to improve technology offerings and increase growth rate
- Associate: 3 – 5 years of experience with a technology/software focused investment bank, private equity/venture capital, or software company corporate development. Candidates outside of this domain will not be considered.