Job ID: EB-7619185874 Category: Accounting & Finance Location: Florence, AL
This position will provide functional leadership in driving financial results, performance analysis and timely closing and reporting per the corporate closing schedule. The position will lead implementation in best practices and constant improvement in financial reporting to business leaders. Controller will ensure that all financial and accounting policies are consistently and accurately implemented and reported with strict adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This role will be a key partner to the Plant Manager and senior leadership to drive efficiency, profitability and output growth.
•Financial Reporting & Analysis – Provide timely, insightful and relevant analysis of financial results on a period and ad hoc basis to MTS manufacturing and operations leadership. Responsible for monthly close out.
• Annual Operating Plan – Coordinate the annual budgeting process, including but not limited to the development and review of department level budgets and the subsequent roll-forward of standard costs.
• Develop monthly and quarterly financial forecasts. Lead weekly, monthly, quarterly financial reporting reviews.
• Responsibility for Plant accounting and FP&A for the site
• Prepare all financial activities including specified entries/requirements for monthly close process
• Analyze financial reports and records
• Provide proactive financial support and analysis for plant management.
• Provide support for variance analysis and account reconciliations
• Manage fixed asset and project accounting
• Update and monitor standard costs as required
• Participate in and ensure proper controls for monthly physical inventory counts
• Conduct special projects as required
• Provide deliverables with quality and on time for corporate reporting requirements
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA or MPACC degree a plus.
• 5+ years of progressive accounting or financial experience required, preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis in Excel a plus. Experience with SAP a plus
.BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.