Plant Manager / Director of Operations – Aseptic
Job ID: EB-2729693418
Category: Consumer Products
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Growing, dynamic, food manufacturer is experiencing explosive growth due to the creation of new products and product expansion into beverages – adult nutrition and enhanced beverages within an aseptic environment. They are currently looking for a Plant Manager / Director of Operations. This role will give you the opportunity to make an impact and have upward mobility into a Vice President of Operations position.
• Do you have 10 – 15 years of progressive experience leading teams in a food manufacturing environment or aseptic environment?
• Do you have aseptic experience?
• Do you have an engineering degree or a demonstrated expertise leading projects – particularly capital improvement projects?
If you are a leader with expertise being the hands-on person in charge apply now!!
- Plan, organize, and direct the daily plant operating requirements sufficient to meet and exceed operating metrics as defined for a three shift operation.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Review daily departmental and plant-wide financial performance and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and determine best course of action to countermeasure any variances.
- Assist with the organization’s financial and budgeting activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Manage staff, prepare work schedules, and assign specific duties.
- Encourage use of innovative productivity techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Establish group and individual accountability throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with senior management and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements and improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or a technical field a plus.
- 10 years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience, at least 5 years which must be in the food industry.
- 6+ years of direct production management experience.
- Preference to high speed packaging experience (ex: 2,500 per minute) for Aseptic manufacturing experience for liquid processing.
- Plant output responsibility in excess of $200MM.
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations while delivering day to day performance.
- Familiarity with the operations of all plant departments: production, quality, maintenance, materials management, controllership, human resources, etc.
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience building a strong operations team.
- Comfortable working with a highly complex portfolio mix with several diverse manufacturing technologies.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of process control and improvement tools.
- Comfortable working with multiple systems including ERP, Windows suite, etc.