Our client, a consumer product company, has engaged our practice to place a Plant Manager based just north of Minneapolis, MN. This position will primarily focus on welding, assembly, and some machining for metal fabricated components but also includes procurement, distribution, and facility management. This role reports directly to the Division President & CEO and has direct reports in each department. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills proven in a fast-paced data driven environment.
• Establish robust and reliable LEAN manufacturing processes to meet customer delivery needs. Lead the plant operations team in meeting its cost and delivery targets. Identify and drive cost savings initiatives. Measure key production metrics such as piece count, product usage, and throughput vs anticipated results.
• Ensure all Quality programs are successfully in place, monitored/audited and in full compliance.
• Ensure best practices for fabrication (including welding, powder coating, etc.) and assembly are developed and improved for maximize throughput while ensuring safe production.
• Maintain a culture within the Plant that promotes safety, ethics, integrity and individual accountability. Maintain a positive and achievement goal oriented working environment for all employees.
• 5 plus years of progressive operations management experience with 3+ years of supervisory/management experience.
• BS, BA degree and/or Six Sigma Certification is a plus
• Experience in a metal fabrication environment a plus
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.