Date Posted: 2020-10-26
Job ID: EB-2607121356
Category: Private Equity
Location: Nashville`, TN
Our client is a successful and growing private firm that seeks to invest in small-cap companies operating in the enterprise software, information services, analytics, and tech-enabled services sectors. The firm prefers to invest in businesses based in North America. The firm was founded in 2017 with an initial $200mm fund and will be successfully raising their 2nd fund in early 2021 with a $350mm target. The firm has a unique focus on driving value through operations within high growth software sectors and is scaling their Operations team and seeking an Associate.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to use their business acumen, problem solving, and interpersonal skills to identify and drive both strategic and operational value creation initiatives in our portfolio companies. This individual should be equally comfortable working independently to drive projects forward and collaboratively as a part of a vertical team.
- Develop and execute key value creation and preservation initiatives across the Firm’s portfolio
- Example initiatives include: increasing sales force effectiveness, developing lead generation and qualification capabilities, optimizing product pricing and packaging, instilling customer success best practices, and integrating acquisitions
- Collaborate with the Firm’s investing team to develop a value creation thesis for both potential platform and add-on acquisitions in the form of a 100-day plan
- Formulate specific and measurable strategic and operational goals for each year and track portfolio company performance to these goals on a monthly basis
- Travel onsite to portfolio companies and develop strong relationships with management teams
- Complete ad-hoc projects, analysis, and other duties as assigned
- 2‐3 years of strategy consulting experience or operating experience at a private equity backed software company
- Excellent business acumen and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- A dynamic player, able to work independently with limited direction and as a part of a vertical team
- Outstanding professional and academic performance
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
- Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
- Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
- Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
- Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. http://www.brainworksinc.com .
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.