Principal Direct Lending Origination – National
Job ID: EB-2386277638
Category: Private Equity
Location: New York, NY
Brainworks is currently engaged by a $25 billion private equity firm out of New York. We are working with their direct lending arm that has a broad investment mandate and provides senior and subordinated debt for refinancings, growth capital, acquisitions, buyouts, and balance sheet recapitalizations. They are seeking Principal level professionals with extensive networks and a track record of originating direct to company loans. The firm seeks professionals within several major secondary markets including Austin, Nashville, Minneapolis and Denver. This is not a sponsor coverage position, but focused mostly on the direct lending side. The strategy manages over $2 billion in assets.
- Originate and source private debt opportunities
- Assist with initial screening and due diligence of new opportunities
- Structure and negotiate prospective deals with borrowers
- Facilitate execution of credit agreements
- Monitor ongoing performance of investments
- Negotiate waivers and amendments
- Flexibility to work remotely
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum 7 to 10 years private lending origination experience
- Proven track record and rolodex of relationships with corporations, M&A advisors, private equity firms and bankers
- Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience assisting in the negotiation of transaction structure and terms
- Familiarity with non-investment grade credit lending
- The successful candidate will have outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- He/She will be team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.