Date Posted: 2021-09-01
Job ID: EB-1177281278
Category: Private Equity
Our client is a private equity investment firm that invests in middle-market companies operating in the healthcare, automotive, infrastructure equipment, industrial distribution, medical devices, transportation and logistics sectors. The firm has approximately $2.5 billion of capital under management with an exceptional track record to date.
The firm’s portfolio operations group is comprised of leading professionals with a strong mix of performance improvement consulting from the likes of A&M, AlixPartners, McKinsey, BCG etc… along with operating experience as a VP Finance/CFO or VP Operations/COO. Candidates are embedded from 6-18 months in an interim C-level role at the portfolio company level to drive the value creation strategy and performance improvement. The role of the VP/Principal of Portfolio Operations is to accelerate value creation within the firm’s portfolio companies.
Candidates typically do not need to relocate, but are traveling 4 days a week working at assigned businesses.
- Supports diligence activities by working with external advisors, deal team, and potential management team to properly evaluate and value proposed investment focusing (but not limited to) on operations, finance, accounting, human resources, information technology, and risk management.
Performance Improvement & Value Creation
- Supports Investment and Operations Team to assess operating performance across the portfolio and develop improvement plan(s) to add value to the portfolio and potential acquisitions.
- Supports and assists company management teams in driving cross-functional turnaround and performance improvement initiatives directed at strategy development and deployment, process redesign, organization redesign, cost improvements, human capital management through talent, compensation and engagement, M&A support and other value creation measures.
- Supports and assists in the implementation of Lean initiatives focused on meaningful quantifiable EBITDA, cash generation, safety and sustainability, and employee engagement improvements in a manner that is sustainable after exit.
Interim Operational & Financial Support & Oversight
- Provide interim CEO/COO support for typically 6 – 18 months.
- Supports company management teams to develop, evaluate and implement actionable initiatives and operating plans to successfully integrate companies and drive improved performance opportunities.
- Promotes organizational change leadership and understands their requirement in supporting engagement, collaboration and sustainable cultural change.
- Provides training for related accounting, finance, human resources, information technologies and risk management for portfolio company management teams and internal groups.
- Qualified candidates will have 10 – 15 or more years of experience in finance leadership positions of increasing scope and responsibility, preferably in a respected, manufacturing or Industrial process-oriented company. Operational and highly analytical, the ideal candidate will be a proven operations leader with a foundation in continuous improvement.
- This position will interact with senior leadership at portfolio companies, the investment team, and external parties on a regular basis; as such, the selected candidate should have outstanding communication and influencing abilities
- Experience serving as Operations and/or Finance Leader and trusted advisor/strategic partner to a private equity backed company.
- Significant experience managing a leveraged business, working with lenders and managing banking relationships.
- Analytical and business process orientation with ability to interpret and analyze financial and operating information to identify process improvement opportunities, trends, and strategic opportunities.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- 10-15 years of relevant professional experience with a solid record of achievement and advancement. Experience in PE / with a PE-backed company strongly preferred
- Significant experience running a sizable P&L
- The ability to quickly understand business drivers, diagnose issues, and think through solutions
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence and garner trust from management teams
- High professional integrity and sound business judgment
- Strong project management skills that will help management prioritize and implement critical initiatives
- A hands-on, problem-solving attitude
- A history of improving operations and profitability in a complex environment
- Restructuring background and prior P&L responsibility preferred. Management consulting experience also preferred.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
- Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
- Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
- Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
- Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com .
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.