Job ID: EB-1297659519
Category: Private Equity
Location: New York City, NY
Our client is a private equity investment firm that invests in middle-market companies operating in the healthcare, automotive, infrastructure equipment, industrial distribution, medical devices, transportation and logistics sectors. The firm was founded in 1999 and is based in New York, New York. The firm has approximately $1.5 billion of capital under management with an exceptional track record to date. They are nearing closing fund 4 targeted at $1 billion.
The firms portfolio operations group is comprised of leading professionals with a strong mix of performance improvement consulting from the likes of A&M, AlixPartners, McKinsey, BCG etc… along with operating experience as a VP Finance/CFO or VP Operations/COO. Candidates are embedded from 6-18 months in an interim C level role at the portfolio company level to drive the value creation strategy and performance improvement. The role of the Principal of Portfolio Operations is to accelerate value creation within the firms portfolio companies.
Candidates typically do not need to relocate, but are traveling 4 days a week working at assigned businesses.
- Supports diligence activities by working with external advisors, deal team, and potential management team to properly evaluate and value proposed investment focusing (but not limited to) on accounting, finance, human resources, information technology, and risk management.
Performance Improvement & Value Creation
- Supports Investment and Operations Team to assess operating performance across the portfolio and develop improvement plan(s) to add value to the portfolio and potential acquisitions.
- Supports and assists company management teams in driving cross-functional turnaround and performance improvement initiatives directed at strategy development and deployment, process redesign, organization redesign, cost improvements, human capital management through talent, compensation and engagement, M&A support and other value creation measures.
- Supports and assists in the implementation of Lean initiatives focused on meaningful quantifiable EBITDA, cash generation, safety and sustainability, and employee engagement improvements in a manner that is sustainable after exit.
Interim Operational & Financial Support & Oversight
- Provide interim CFO/COO support for typically 6 – 18 months.
- Supports company management teams to develop, evaluate and implement actionable initiatives and operating plans to successfully integrate companies and drive improved performance opportunities.
- Promotes organizational change leadership and understands their requirement in supporting engagement, collaboration and sustainable cultural change.
- Provides training for related accounting, finance, human resources, information technologies and risk management for portfolio company management teams and internal groups.
- Qualified candidates will have 10 – 15 or more years of experience in finance leadership positions of increasing scope and responsibility, preferably in a respected, manufacturing or Industrial process-oriented company. Operational and highly analytical, the ideal candidate will be a proven finance and operations leader with a foundation in continuous improvement.
- This position will interact with senior leadership at portfolio companies, the investment team, and external parties on a regular basis; as such, the selected candidate should have outstanding communication and influencing abilities
- Experience serving as CFO/COO and trusted advisor and strategic partner to a private equity backed manufacturing/industrial company.
- Hands on experience in accounting, financial planning, analysis, and reporting, IT, HR, cash management, budgeting, forecasting, project management, and development, implementation, and presentation of related reports and statements.
- Significant experience managing a leveraged business, working with lenders and managing banking relationships.
- Analytical and business process orientation with ability to interpret and analyze financial and operating information to identify process improvement opportunities, trends, and strategic opportunities.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A minimum of 10-15 years of relevant professional experience with a solid record of achievement and advancement
- The ability to quickly understand business drivers, diagnose issues, and think through solutions
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence and garner trust from management teams
- High professional integrity and sound business judgment
- Strong project management skills that will help management prioritize and implement critical initiatives
- A hands-on, problem-solving attitude
- A history of improving operations and profitability in a complex manufacturing environment
- Experience in PE / with a PE-backed company a plus
- Restructuring background and prior P&L responsibility preferred. Management consulting experience also preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, and/or Finance. CPA and/or MBA a plus.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.