Date Posted: 2021-09-28
Job ID: EB-2092706592
Category: Private Equity
Location: Atlanta, GA
Timing: Immediate or Summer 2022
Tenure: 2-3 year program with potential to stay on
Location: Atlanta, GA
Our client is a successful and growing private equity firm that seeks to invest in small-cap companies operating in the enterprise software, information services, analytics, and tech-enabled services sectors. The firm prefers to invest in businesses based in North America. The firm was founded in 2017 by former HIG and Accel-KKR professionals, with an initial fund of $212mm. The team is about to close on a second fund of $400mm. The firm has a unique focus on driving value through operations within high growth software sectors.
The firm is seeking an Associate who will be a core member of the private equity deal team, providing differentiated due diligence analysis and who will serve in an integral capacity across the transaction lifecycle including, thesis development, deal sourcing, investment execution, and portfolio management / engagement. This individual will have a strong investment banking background ideally with generalist industry experience, strong analytical and modeling capabilities, leadership skills, and a self-starting mentality. Responsibilities include maintaining relationships with deal sources, preparing financial models, managing due diligence work streams, creating investment presentations for internal and external stakeholders, and supporting senior investment team members. Post-closing work will consist of analysis and ongoing portfolio management in conjunction with the firm’s operating team. The Associate will interface with target senior management teams as well as internal and external advisors.
Essential Job Function:
• Partner with the investment team to identify attractive industry trends and investment strategies
• Manage and oversee the entirety of the transaction process as deal quarterback from deal identification to diligence and completion, supporting the deal lead
• Leads comprehensive diligence, including but not limited to financial, market, legal and operational evaluation
• Assist in structuring and negotiating with debt providers
• Cultivate strong relationships with management teams of acquisition targets
• Support management teams to develop and implement post-acquisition initiatives including 180-Day Plans, that focus on successfully integrating portfolio companies and driving performance improvement opportunities
• Provide both strategic and tactical counsel to portfolio company leadership teams leveraging operations, strategy, and financial expertise
• Work with investment professionals and other advisors to further develop and execute liquidity / exit plans and processes for portfolio companies
• Provide quantitative and analytical support to monitor private equity investments
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience within a leading investment banking analyst program. Other corporate finance experience also considered including management consulting, restructuring, etc.
• Ideally experience within business services, manufacturing / industrial services, or consumer sectors
• Analytical (including financial modeling) and business process orientation with the ability to identify trends, process improvement opportunities. and strategic opportunities
• Strong board and C-level presentation construction and delivery capabilities, including a strong capability to synthesize and construct summaries and arguments (verbally and in written form)
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.