Career Track: 2-3 years with potential to stay on for high performers Timing: Immediate or Summer 2023 Location: Cleveland
Our client is a Midwest based $1.4 billion middle market private equity firm. The firm makes control equity investments in situations related to management buyouts, recapitalizations of closely-held businesses, and companies that need capital to fund internal growth. This role would be located in their Cleveland office and potentially may be considered for their Charlotte office down the road.
The firm seeks an Associate who will be a core member of the private equity deal team, providing differentiated due diligence analysis and serve in an integral capacity across the transaction lifecycle including, thesis development, investment execution, and portfolio management/engagement. This individual will have a strong investment banking background ideally with generalist industry experience, strong analytical capabilities, and strong leadership skills.
Essential Job Function:
• Partner with the investment team to identify attractive industry trends and investment strategies
• Manage and oversee the entirety of the transaction process as deal quarterback through diligence, terms and completion, supporting the deal sponsor
• Leads comprehensive diligence, including but not limited to financial, market, legal and operational evaluation
• Assist in structuring and negotiating with debt providers
• Cultivate strong relationships with management of acquisition targets
• Support management teams to develop and implement post-acquisition initiatives including, 180-Day Plans, that focus on successfully integrating portfolio companies and driving performance improvement opportunities
• Provide both strategic and tactical counsel to portfolio company leadership teams leveraging operations, strategy, and financial expertise
• Work with investment professionals and other advisors to further develop and execute liquidity/exit plans for portfolio companies
• Provide quantitative and analytical support to monitor private equity investments
• Ability to supervise junior staff
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience within a leading investment banking analyst program
• Ideally experience within business services, manufacturing, consumer/retail, and distribution
• Analytical and business process orientation with the ability to identify trends, process improvement opportunities and strategic opportunities
• Strong board and C-level presentation construction and delivery capabilities, including a strong capability to synthesize and construct arguments
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.