Private Equity Associate – San Francisco
San Francisco CA
Job ID: EB-1810333653
Category: Private Equity
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an Associate to join the private equity strategy focused on control buyouts of businesses across a range of sectors with $10-$35m in EBITDA. This team is deploying equity from its seventh vintage and is the original equity strategy for the firm, which now has seven other strategies, four equity strategies and three debt strategies, around the world.
The team is seeking an Associate to join them in San Francisco for a 2023 start date. The San Francisco office has a particular emphasis on software & tech-enabled business services, healthcare services / HCIT.
Associates play a deal support role, mostly focused on transactional work, but also involved with portfolio company management. Main Associate tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide quality input and feedback on new deal opportunities.
- Have extensive involvement with analyzing new investment opportunities. This includes using industry databases and other research tools to build views on company positioning, valuation, and industry dynamics.
- Conduct phone interviews as part of industry research and due diligence.
- Prepare deal teams for first visits, including preparing first visit presentations.
- Build financial models for acquisitions.
- Support due diligence analyses, manipulating data obtained from target companies in support of the required analyses.
- Draft portions of investment committee memos.
- Support the organization of the deal team – file management, meeting planning.
- Support portfolio company work, including ad-hoc research projects and analyses in support of company initiatives.
- Support the exit or recaps of portfolio companies.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful Associates at will be self-starters, with strong analytical skills, a curiosity to learn, and a passion for small companies. These skills should be complemented with strong communication skills and presence to interact with management teams, investment bankers and other deal sources, as well as other consultants. Detailed requirements are:
- 2-3 years M&A experience with an investment bank and / or principal investing firm
- Experience in the core industry segments where the strategy invests – specialty manufacturing & distribution, software & tech-enabled business services, healthcare services / HCIT, branded goods & services and education & training.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills
- Creative research skills
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (face-to-face, telephone, and written communication)
- Superior attention to detail and thoroughness
- Desire to work hard and do timely and excellent work
- Personality, charisma, energy
- Financial modeling expertise:
- LBO and DCF models
- Financial statements
- Performance ratios
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
- Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
- Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
- Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
- Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.