Date Posted: 2021-01-13
Job ID: EB-1900374105
Category: Private Equity
Location: Tampa, FL
Our client and its private equity sponsor are seeking an M&A and Business Development Associate to support business development and add-on acquisitions. The company is dental services organization providing support services to practices in the Southeast offering a range of restorative, cosmetic and preventative procedures, enabling the patients to maintain good oral health at affordable prices. The existing affiliate network currently consists of 51 doctors and 87 Hygienists practicing at 47 locations.
The role will be based in Tampa, FL. The M&A and Business Development Associate will report to the CEO and CFO and will have a high level of visibility and interaction with the rest of the executive management team and PE Sponsor. The platform is pursuing a strategy to grow via add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives. Since 2016, the company has successfully closed 30 add-on acquisitions. As a result of this success they are seeking to hire a M&A and Business Development Associate to further support this strategy and continue this rapid but controlled growth by increasing annual acquisitions from 6-8 to 12+ per year.
The M&A and Business Development Associate will be responsible for the origination and execution of the platforms’ add-on growth strategy. The individual will be directly driving business development team leaders in developing a robust pipeline of affiliation targets, financial and operational analytics and modeling, and transaction execution. The M&A and Business Development Associate will also be involved with supporting post-close integration of new acquisitions and organic growth initiatives.
- Work with the CEO to develop a robust pipeline of affiliation targets through personal networking and leveraging the relationships of the executive team, Board of Directors and the private equity sponsor
- Make initial outreach to identified opportunities to qualify leads and lead the weekly tracking of acquisition funnel
- Generate scorecards evaluating add-on opportunities and summarize the information to the executive team in a concise manner
- Support the execution of the platforms’ add-on affiliation transactions
- Develop in depth investment memorandums and present to senior management regarding rationale of affiliation investments
- Aid in the execution of targeted organic business development initiatives
- Work closely with the executive management team to assist in the development of presentation materials for quarterly meetings with the platforms’ Board of Directors
The ideal candidate will have prior transaction experience, strong financial, analytical and project management skills and will have worked in private equity, investment banking, management consulting and / or in an acquisitive healthcare company and who has broader business development and management aspirations.
The role will require strong organizational skills, comfort with cold-calling business owners and CEOs and an ability to work both independently and as part of the broader team. The successful candidate will be very comfortable in marketing the attractiveness of the affiliation opportunity to business owners and CEOs on both a ‘cold’ and ‘warm’ call basis as well as marry strong interpersonal and communication skills with project management and analytical capabilities and an ability to be persistent in all aspects of the job.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
- Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
- Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
- Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
- Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.