Job ID: EB-1539704487
Category: Private Equity
Title: Head of M&A
Location: TBD – Flexible
Start Date: Summer 2020
Our client is a leading private equity firm focused on financial technology and vertical software. They are launching a new vertical software platform and allocating a significant amount of capital to acquire and build out a holding company of several software companies across different verticals. Their goal is to increase margins, leverage growth and provide operational support to management teams within a family of companies. This is a very high volume M&A role targeting 1-2 acquisitions per month in the size range of $2-10 million in revenue per deal.
The Head of Corporate Development will be tasked with building an M&A team, and leading an aggressive sourcing and deal execution platform in partnership with the private equity sponsor. We are seeking dynamic professionals at the Senior Associate or Vice President level from leading growth or private equity firms with a strong track record in sourcing and executing software transactions ideally that are sub $10mm ARR.
• Find and get in touch with software businesses in the US & Canada across a wide range of markets
• Develop close relationships with CEOs, investment bankers, lawyers, and other regional influencers to facilitate introductions and connect with outstanding technology companies
• Frequent travel with members of the M&A team
• Complete diligence, including: customer metrics analysis, modeling, and industry research
• Create presentation materials for board review and company pitches
• Work with holding company executive team to identify opportunities for acquired companies to improve technology offerings and increase growth rate
• Current Senior Associate or Vice President from a reputable growth equity or private equity firm with demonstrated track record of sourcing and leading vertical software deals. Or, current Corporate Development professionals from private equity backed software companies that are highly active in sub $10mm revenue acquisitions where this a priority on sourcing.
• Ability to build and lead a team of top performing investment professionals implementing and driving a culture of strong work ethic and exceptional performance in everything they do.
• Strong partner to company CEO and Private Equity sponsor in driving the overall investment strategy.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.