Date Posted: 2021-06-30
Job ID: EB-3245322914
Category: Private Equity
Location: San Francisco, CA
Our client is a global private equity firm with $9 billion in assets under management and an international portfolio of more than 100 portfolio companies. The firm was started as a one-person operation in 1988, and has grown to include offices in North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region staffed with more than 300 locally based team members. The firm has a fast-paced environment and a culture of openness.
This team is investing out of Fund VII and is focused on control buyouts of businesses across a range of sectors with $10-$35m in EBITDA. The team is looking for a Vice President in San Francisco to focus on healthcare and tech-enabled services.
Vice Presidents play a lead role in the evaluation of new investment opportunities, due diligence and transaction execution, portfolio company work post-close, and leading the exit process.
The Vice President will:
• Have extensive involvement with analyzing new investment opportunities, including development of industry analyses and themes to support investment decision making.
• Play a lead role in the due diligence process in support of an investment decision including managing external providers and identifying key threshold issues performing financial and operational analyses to investigate those issues.
• Conduct detailed industry analysis to understand drivers, competitive landscape, and risks.
• Take responsibility for the financial model created by junior team.
• Review and provide input on legal documentation concerning the transaction.
• Support the selection of lenders and the financing process
• Lead the development of investment committee communications/memos and actively participate in the investment committee discussions.
• Manage junior personnel in the deal/investment process.
• Monitor portfolio company investments and report on a quarterly basis for investor reporting
• Build relationships and work with portfolio company management to monitor performance, develop and execute growth strategies during the RCAF hold period.
• Play a lead role in exit strategies and execution.
• Support the CFO and CEO, especially in the context of refinancing, restructuring, or add-on acquisitions
Desired skills & experience
• 2+ years’ transaction experience at an investment bank and 3+ years at a middle market private equity with an MBA, 7+ years’ experience without an MBA.
• Transaction or Investing experience in Software/Tech-Enabled Business Services and/or healthcare
• Previous middle market private equity experience, specifically:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (face-to-face, telephone, and written communication)
• Desire to work hard and do timely and excellent work
• Superior attention to detail
• Personality, charisma, energy; ability to interact with variety of “clients” – people within the firm, investors, CEOs/CFOs of our companies, etc.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.