Date Posted: 2021-10-05
Job ID: EB-2126162200
Category: Consumer Products
Location: Birmingham, AL
Our client, a growing consumer goods company with great brands and products, is seeking a Product Manager who will be responsible for maximizing the sales and profitability in alignment with the companies’ strategies and brands. This role is responsible for developing and executing a robust product and merchandising strategy, driving product development with the in-house design team, commercializing product assortments and pricing strategies by devising compelling marketing and promotions programs. This is a great opportunity to make an impact on a growing business!
• Analyzes customer data to stylistically interpret, financially plan for, and react to emerging market trends and conditions.
• Determine appropriate competitive strategies to drive category product development, product assortment, pricing, promotions, and margins, to complement the other product categories and maximize return of marketing investment.
• Partners with visual, marketing and e-commerce teams to develop and implement merchandising strategies.
• Research and shops competitors to ensure the category is competitively positioned, as well as driving to a one or two category leader position against key competitors.
• Travels domestically and internationally to retail stores, manufacturing plants, trade shows, markets, and other events to observe market trends.
• Manages cross-functional teams to include operations, finance, procurement, design, marketing, for category line maintenance and profitability.
Ideal candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5+ years of Business Administration, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail, or equivalent work experience required.
• Preferably experience in home or related industries
• Proficient working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
• Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail and follow through skills.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.