Job ID: EB-2068287833
Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is a successful private equity backed, high growth, M&A focused global manufacturing company located in the greater Houston, TX area seeking a Senior Financial Analyst
The Financial Planning and Analysis Department provides essential information flows and analysis to the C-suite and senior management personnel regarding corporate financial forecasts, mergers and acquisitions, and operating budgets.
The department is also responsible for the internal financial reporting, external lender presentations, and various levels of financial analysis to support daily and strategic operations of the business.
This position regularly interacts with the CFO and divisional leadership, as well as other departments including operations, IT, and systems personnel. The incumbent must have good communication skills and be able to comfortably interact with personnel at all levels within the Company to drive a variety of strategic financial data initiatives.
• Generate financial reports and related analysis for director, senior management and Board meetings including monthly business reviews, financial reviews, and board meetings.
• Assist in financial planning and analysis functions including short and long-range strategic planning, operational and capital budgeting, interfacing with treasury on interdisciplinary projects, and monitoring actual results vs budget and forecast projections.
• Participate in strategic financial projects including preparations for and implementation of new systems and software
• Monitors compliance with debt covenants and related EBITDA adjustments
• Oversee monthly reporting of prices and volumes, capital spending projections, cash flows, and other required reports.
• Interact at all levels of the organization to produce timely, efficient and accurate P&L and Balance Sheet variance analysis and reporting
• Analyze complex financial data and extract and define relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or building monthly forecasts
• Lead monthly finance reviews with divisional controllers including detailed financial questions to support business review MD&A
• Assist in the development of quarterly re-forecasts through managing divisional controllers for detailed customer, product, and other necessary data.
• Assist in the analysis, data book and preparation of quarterly conference call material including press releases, conference call scripts and other supporting materials
• Provide analysis and support to Corporate Development projects as needed (modeling, due diligence, alternative investments, rankings, etc.)
• Prepare competitor analysis and data reporting
• Monitor and report market developments and industry news
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS –
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with progressive technical and operational business experience
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounting or finance-related fields
• CPA, CFA, or MBA preferred
• Strong financial analysis and cost accounting experience is preferred.
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required
• Versatile, quick-learner and clarity in thinking
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage conflicting deadlines
• Excellent business partnering , teamwork, collaboration, interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Identifies process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness and ability to bring new ideas and perspective to existing practices and processes
• Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Power BI and OneStream)
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com