Date Posted: 2020-12-14
Job ID: EB-1056996011
Location: Chicago, IL
Senior BI Developer
125-135K + 10% bonus
Relocation: Small lump sum
This role helps support the reporting initiatives of our software application. This team utilizes tools to store, process, & analyze the large volumes of transactional data that’s collected from our connected devices & users’ interactions with the mobile phone app. The Sr. BI Developer will be support solutions that ingest, transform, store, & visualize data about connected accounts, devices, & usage. Sr. BI Developer will collaborate with stakeholders to identify & prioritize projects & business user requirements. Once project scope is defined, the Sr. BI Developer will utilize the Agile Methodology to incrementally create, test & deploy a data models & reporting solutions or dashboards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, or another related field
- 6+ years’ work experience in BI role
- Advanced experience with Power BI is a must have (3+ years); Qlik Sense/QlikView also nice to have, along with Tableau or Looker
- Working experience with R or Python a plus
- Hands-on experience with use of action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques, or Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
- Development of ETL models & data processing workflows
- Strong SQL skills; can review & debug scripts written by others
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing concepts & technologies; can recommend data management solutions
- Extract Transform & Load with Spark, Impala, or SSIS preferred.
- Query performance tuning.
- ID & fix issues with data inconsistencies in data models or reports
- Use biz rules to perform data cleansing, automating data manipulations using macros or scripts
- Advanced understanding of predictive & explanatory models. The ability to develop these models into production class solutions
- Turn biz problems into actionable insights by IDing correlation & causation between related occurrences across data sets housed in different platforms.
- Ability to identify data reqs & manipulate unstructured data into relational data that can be modeled
- Ability to assist stakeholders to identify significant business value trapped in their data. Help users/product owners develop User Story tickets containing the business requirements & acceptance criteria
- Acquiring data from a wide variety of sources & building Qlik data models. Administer the data refresh interval (daily, weekly, etc.) such that content remains fresh & delivered business value.
- Strong communication skills & willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities along with the ability to effectively present to the target audience.
- Willingness to learn new functions, capabilities, & technologies & software tools.
- Responsible for complying with the security requirements set forth.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Information Technology; Consumer Products, CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Technology Practice has deep expertise understanding how technology executives drive business performance. We have placed mid to senior level talent including CIOs, CTOs, and leaders in Development, Infrastructure, Data Management and E-Commerce.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.