Industry 1: Consumer Goods Industry 2: Food & Beverages Industry 3: Food Production
Job ID: EB-1675625907 Category: Sales and Marketing Location: El Segundo, CA
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Sr. Copywriter is a key contributor in our Creative Services team and reports directly to the Director, Creative Services. This individual is responsible for elevating the overall brand voice and tone for Simply Good Foods brands ensuring consistency of voice in all communications. In addition, you will be accountable for the execution of all consumer-facing copy and narrative across our channels, including social, print, email, digital display, ecommerce, video, etc. A successful Sr. Copywriter is a strategic and idea-driven thinker who enjoys ideating and collaborating with cross-functional teams as part of their process. This individual is passionate about evoking ideas and translating them into clear, succinct and engaging content across brands and through the consumer journey.
• Write for various routine projects (social media, emails, ecommerce, etc.).
• Edit and oversee content from contractors and partners; Establish and communicate consistent voice
guidelines for various channels and for partner adoption; Produce error-free, relevant copy aligned with the
brands, strategies and project deadlines.
• Conceptualize, revise, and pitch product launches and brand awareness initiatives; Gain deep understanding
of brand strategies, translating them into resonating messaging; Define and consistently uphold the brand
voice and tone for all Simply Good Foods brands.
• Contribute to concept development and craft creative copy for diverse campaigns; Create captivating product
names, romance copy and positioning, including consumer testing.
• Present, advocate and defend creative ideas; Tailor communication styles and approaches to effectively
collaborate with diverse stakeholders, from designers to marketers and executives.
• Partner with Art Director and Design team for compelling advertising projects and campaigns.
• Support Video Production team with scripts and storytelling, as necessary.
• Engage in special projects and assignments, as needed.
• Participate in all other miscellaneous SMPL and departmental tasks, as required.
• Attend departmental and cross-functional meetings and training sessions.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Creative Process: Understand the creative process and workflows behind getting to the “big idea”.
• Creative Management: Skillful in managing a high-volume workload with concurrent projects; Keen
attention to details and ability to prioritize tasks and optimize time allocation.
• Adaptive Learner: Embrace new tools, platforms and methodologies; Stay agile in a dynamic and evolving
• Feedback Seeker: Understand feedback given to address creative leading to approval alignment.
• Effective Collaborator: Proficient in both group projects and individual assignments, fostering seamless
teamwork and independent contribution.
• Exceptional Storyteller: Weave captivating narratives that engage, resonate, and inspire target audiences
across various marketing touchpoints without errors in copy.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 4 to 6 years of relevant copywriting work experience.
• Experience in an advertising agency or in-house creative environment.
• Portfolio of work that demonstrates vast ideas and identifies comfortability writing for a range of applications.
• Experience working and pitching on multiple brands – food, nutrition or fitness, is a plus.
• Experience managing junior copywriters or external resources/partners, is a plus.
** Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment and may be stressful at times. Work may require sitting for long periods of time; requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and fax machine and scanner.
ABOUT SIMPLY GOOD FOODS
Simply Good Foods USA, Inc. is an operating affiliate of The Simply Good Foods Company (Nasdaq: SMPL) (“Simply Good Foods”). Simply Good Foods aims to lead the nutritious snacking movement with trusted brands that offer a variety of convenient, innovative, great-tasting, better-for-you snacks and meal replacements. Our nutritious snacking platform consists of mission-driven brands, including Atkins® and Quest®, that enable consumers to meet their nutritional goals and fuel their healthy lifestyles. Our approach to nutrition has the potential to change lives and we’re looking for great people to join our team who are committed to providing people with a more nutritious way of eating. Simply Good Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
WHAT WE VALUE:
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce that infuses equity and belonging throughout our culture and business practices. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for our employees.
This commitment is driven by our core values, which guide our daily interactions with one another and influence how we show up each day by creating transparency and developing trust across Team Simply, and with our vendors and external partners. Our five core values are:
• Lead with Innovation
• Act with Integrity
• Be Empowered
• Succeed through Interdependence
• Bring Passion Every Day
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and well-being of our employees are important to us and an integral part of our organization’s goals. In this spirit, we are excited to share the available compensation for this role, which includes a base salary range and an annual short-term incentive.
The projected salary range is: $80,000 – $95,000, exclusive of benefits or additional incentives (https://www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com/careers). Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual short-term incentive target of 10%. If you are hired at Simply Goods Foods, your final base salary compensation will be determined based upon such factors as: geographic locations, skills, training, education and/or experience. Please keep in mind that hiring at the range maximum would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth.
Lastly, we offer a total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, and best-in-class health and wellness options. We understand that each employee’s situation is unique – Our intent is to deliver an overall benefits package that can be tailored to each employee to support their exclusive lifestyles, as well as the needs of their families. All full-time employees and their eligible dependents have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, health reimbursement arrangement (company paid), life and disability coverage, 401(k) retirement plan, and other voluntary benefits. We offer time off benefits including vacation time, sick leave, flexible time off (for exempt positions) and paid parental leave, plus remote workdays on Monday and Friday.
BrainWorks is a prominent boutique executive search firm offering a 30-year track record of successfully sourcing and placing top talent. By harnessing proven strategies, collaborating with stakeholders and leveraging a diverse and talented candidate network, BrainWorks helps businesses find, attract, and ultimately hire talented professionals that create differentiated results. Our search services can be offered either on a retained or contingency basis depending on the level of commitment your unique search requires.
BrainWorks offers several distinct practice areas, each directed by a Partner with extensive experience, and knowledge of current trends and industry challenges in their specific discipline. BrainWorks practice areas include the following: Accounting & Finance; Accounting & Finance Interim; Analytics, Data Science & Data Governance; Commodities Technology & Trading; Consumer Products; CRM & Direct Marketing; Cybersecurity; Ecommerce & Digital Marketing; Human Resources; IT & Data Engineering; Market Research & Consumer Insights; Operations & Supply Chain; Private Equity & Portfolio Company Leadership; and Sales.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.