Senior Data Scientist
Job ID: EB-8416396586
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: New York City, NY
Our client, a fast-growing, Ad Tech company is seeking a Senior Data Scientist with strong business and communication skills. You will lead the understanding of consumer behavior, advertisers and publishers. You will partner with engineers and analysts on complex problems relating to revenue yield, auction dynamics and exchange optimization.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Experience working with big data solutions such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- PHD degree in a quantitative field
- Working with large, complex data sets, solving difficult analysis problems, and applying advanced analytical methods on an as needed basis.
- Conducting end-to-end analysis – including data gathering, requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Iterative building and prototyping of analysis pipelines to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics.
- Work together cross-functionally with a wide array of people and teams. Work closely with engineering to assess improvements to products and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders.