Job ID: EB-1699012507 Category: Accounting & Finance Location: Atlanta, GA
The Senior FP&A Analyst is responsible for partnering with senior operations leaders to aid in financial analysis, visibility, in the following areas:
• Strategic, forward looking, forward thinking
• Participation and development of overall Education strategy; thought leadership
• Experience in managing finance teams and driving results
• Forward looking business plans
• Goal and objective oriented
• Command’s respect and engagement of Senior Leadership team
• Identify and establish key initiatives and financial goals that support the strategy, leading the execution of those initiatives
• Identify troubled accounts, established targets for improvements and be able to track and monitor results
• Liaise effectively with Shared Services team
• Develop local FP&A team to partner with operations
• Oversight and management to strategic pricing process
• Participation in growth strategy and development; working with key accounts group to lay out roadmap
• Performance Management – leveraging monthly, quarterly results to drive variance analysis and action plans so that re-projections can be completed efficiently and timely
• Ability to aggregate and synthesize results; consolidation into themes that help drive the business
Primary Focus Areas
• Aid in development of financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives
• Review of bid pricing and P&L pro-forma to coordinating pricing effort, gathering/validation of key cost components to ensure maximization of the company margin profile and risk mitigation
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
• Work closely with Shared Services to ensure seamless flow of information in support of financial close and other analytics.
• Lead and manage Financial Analysts, and field finance partners
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, labor, and all other expenses to facilitate and support timely and definable planning and decision making.
• Create and maintain integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, and reports.
• Create ad hoc reports using data from a variety of sources to answer questions posed from management.
• Develop and communicate key informational models as needed to analyze certain business trends.
• Ensure the integrity of financial models and projections.
• Provide financial and business support in the identification and analysis of a wide range of financial issues.
• Responsible for the preparation of information, analysis, and recommendations for management throughout the division and for corporate management.
Minimum Requirements *
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, advanced and/or FP&A focus required
• Seven (7) plus years progressively responsible related experience is preferred.
• Experience and technical knowledge in a wide range of finance-related areas, including financial planning, analysis, and reporting.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to compile technical data and prepare technical and analytical reports.
• Strong modeling and analytic skills utilizing spreadsheet software (Excel).
• Strong PC skills, including proficiency in supervision of spreadsheet and database applications. Proficiency in Tableau or Power BI a plus.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.